LHD Audi 80 2.3 Quattro Avant, Full UK MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHD Audi 80 2.3 Quattro Avant, Full UK MOT

A change of plans forced by the offer an unmissable alternative vehicle means I'm selling my very rare NG code 2.3 5 pot 80 Avant.

It's currently French registered, although I have all the documents needed to register it in the UK including just under 12 month's MOT, so should you wish to do so it's just a quick visit to the DVLA away. It drives fine but hasn't had a great deal of use recently. Body wise it's 100% solid but has the sort of dings and scratches associated with living in Paris (where it's registered).

Since I've had it it has had an aircon re-gas, new rear bumper irons to replace the towbar, replacement oil pressure switches to sort a leak, a replacement central locking pump,a new alternator adjustor and a new alternator belt. I'll be putting a new AC belt on as well in the coming week as the current one is worn. The air con itself is great and ice cold.

The petrol gauge is a bit crappy, and some of the dash bulbs are out, but apart from that it is pretty good and just needs regular use. It comes with 2 replacement doors to sort out a couple of dents should you want them.

This would be great car for use as a parts hack or just general hooning around. It owes me more for a LHD Avant it's cheap at

£800

The car is in Sheffield, and please note it's a private sale

There are more photos here:
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=45004&page=5

You can phone me on 0114 2446589

i think this car is rarer then an s2 sedan..
    5 Cylinder Freak

Comment

If only it was as fast and desirable

It's going on Ebay later, I'll post a link when it starts.

Comment

Now on the 'bay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190412803798

Comment

I've just bought this

Right, so it's rare, I get that much... how rare.. I had plans involving some satin paint and height correction, but I don't want to "ruin" a rare motor..

I can get the bodywork done to a reasonable standard for not a lot of money.. should I be looking to "restore" this car?, I plan to use it daily.

Comment

Are you doing the plymouth to gambia ralley in it then? That would be awsome, i met a few people there a couple of years ago and one team had done it in an 80 dagdag
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

I'm not planning to I'm afraid, I want to keep it long term, do the work it needs and enjoy something a bit different as a daily driver.

Comment

That would have been a perfect candidate to import to the US... Sad it would have cost 3 times the sale price to import it

Comment

A lot of people seem to have expressed an interest in exporting it, but I'm planning to keep this in the UK (the registration paperwork is with the DVLA at present, fees are paid), I'll not be setting to work on it straight away as I'm moving house in the next few weeks, but it will be a rolling project body wise and I'll clean up everything as I go along.

Comment

Glad the Cavalier got you back OK Dave!

Comment

Cheers Matt.

Wasn't a pleasant jounrney home, I assure you, I think it's getting worse

Thanks again for all your help yesterday

Comment

Not a problem at all, I'm just glad I could help

Comment

[QUOTE=Dave Dorson;506101]I've just bought this

Right, so it's rare, I get that much... how rare.. I had plans involving some satin paint and height correction, QUOTE]

do it although rare its never gonna be worth fortunes, same as the 16v b4 quattros and probably thousands of other motors too. good luck

Comment

Working...
                          X