Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Golf GTI 1988 Mk 2 - 5 Door White 110K Digi

Looking for offers around £1400.00.

I am selling one of my Mk2 Golf's.... I saved this car from the salvage people last year and I have spent the last 8 months getting her "Sorted" and put back to an Orginal Spec Standard Car.
    She is a totaly genuine car and is of the condition that you would expect from an unmolested model, but at some time in the past she has been an unloved car used as a basic mode of transport.
    As you can see I have now put most of this right and she is now loved and has been shown the respect she deserves as a "Classic & Iconic Model".

Mechanically I have had all the major jobs done on her that will put her in good stead for the next few years... These have all been done by a Dub Mechanic - who knows Mk 2's inside out..

The Work carried out by Autohausdolby in Sheffield (@108570 Miles) includes the following;

Replace;
    Cambelt & Tensioner Changed.
    New Front Engine Mount.
    Solid Brake Lines.
    Rear Inner Flexi Hoses.
    Full 12 Month Service.
    Radiator.
    Coolant & G12 add.
    HT Set.
    Rotar Arm.
    Dist Cap.
    Brake Fluid Change.
    Gear Link Relay.
    Gear Linkage Rebuild Kit.
    Reverse Gear Stop Plate.
    Gear Link Arm.
    Hose Clips.
    Fuel & Vacum Hose.
    Anti Roll Bar Bush & Mount.
    MOT (Expires 22/10/10)

Total Cost £724.00

I have also done lots of jobs to her, which includes finding & replacing all of the following;
    Fit Replacement Front Passenger Door - This Took Me 4 Months To Find....
    Fit Replacement Rear Drivers Door - This Took Me 4 Months To Find....
    Replace all the missing interior screws with OEM ones.
    Replace the Non Working MAF with one that works.
    Replace MAF Stalk Again with one that works.
    Replace all Non working Dash Lights.
    New Gear Lever Gator.
    Replace Drivers Hella Headlight.
    Replace Gear Knob With Genuine Golf Ball One.
    Put In a Bonnet Sound Deadener.
    Replace the Interior with a near Perfect Rainbow set.
    Refurb the 14" Teardrop Alloys - Proper Powder Coated, not a re-spray.
    Find & Fit A Genuine VW Tape & Radio Unit.
    Replace Heater Motor.
    Replace the Front Skirt/Air Dam - New Fixings All OEM.
    Replace The Rear Boot Carpet.
    Find New Parcel Shelf Without Speaker Holes...
    Find Covers For Rear Seat Brackets.
    Fix Rear Wiper Mech.
    Fix & Replace Locks/Handles & Steering Lock With OEM Ones.
    Find & Fit ECU Cover.
    Full Polish & Valet.

Think That About Cover's all the items..... £ Hundreds... Duhhhh.

Her Good Points...

7 Owners From New
    8 Valve Digifant.
    She Starts like a dream... First time - every time (she's better than any of my other Mk2's at starting)....
    She's not done much mileage since I bought her but she has been started and run every couple of weeks whilst the work has been done.
    Totally Standard Car... Not Lowered or messed with in any way other than an alarm which really needs removing and replacing.
    Rust Free skutle.
    Rust Free Fuel Filler Surround.
    Minimal Rust Around Battery Mount.
    Rear Wiper/Washer Mount Rust Free...
    Nice Orginal Alloys With Good Tyres.
    New Exhaust Fitted in 2007.
    Last 3 MOT's showing the mileage to this point is as Genuine as you get these days (2006-2007 @106709K, 2007-2009 @106761K, 2009-2010 @108576K)
    Bodywork is now sound with the new doors fitted.
    Sunroof Model.
    Headlining in Superb Condition.

Her Bad Points;

(Please Note; I am being very critical here - so don't read these are "Major Downs").
    No real history other than the last 3 MOT's & bill of sale & HPI clear check.
    Alarm really needs removing and replacing.
    Paint work will need some time & money spent on her - if you are wanting to keep her for a long period of time.
    Tailgate could do with a new one - but this one will last a few years so not urgent or I would have bought & fitted one...
    Sunroof will need a new seal at somepoint.

As I have said she is a "Honest Car" that is 22 year old now, that considered I think she is a good car, that's why I saved her from the breakers/scrappy...
    I have spent many happy hours working on her, so has my son who has learnt so much about MK2's by helping me...
    So much so that he has bought a MK2 Driver for his first car... Another one joins the Dub Club..

She is good for a good few thousand miles before any major work should need doing, as mechanically all the big jobs have been sorted.
    I am only really looking to re-coupe what I have spent on her and hope that she goes to a good home where her new owner will pick up where I have left off.

More Current Pic's To Follow When Shee's Been Polished & Valeted.

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings
Working...
X