Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 3B Coupe for sale - breaking (written off)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 3B Coupe for sale - breaking (written off)

Hello,

I had a rather big crash in my S2 coupe earlier this year where I ended upside down. As I only had 3rd party insurance (never again ) I have a wreck of a car that I need to get rid of myself. At the moment it is sitting on my sister's front garden and she is nagging me to do something about it - understandable, it has been there for a month and a half now

The roof caved in towards the front and there is a substantial dent in the offside sill so it would appear to be no longer road worthy . Originally the plan was to sell bits off of it, but to save time it would be better to sell it all in one to someone who has the time, effort and space available to use/sell parts from it. If anyone knows of any suitable breakers in the Leicestershire area that would be helpful unless anyone on the forum is interested in the car. My brother in-law suggested putting it up on ebay as a car for breaking - can anyone suggest a good reserve to put on it? Before the crash it was worth about £2,500 and in very good condition, as follows:

Engine - In very good condition before the crash, had a new head gasket set in June and had done approx 180,000 miles. Other than MTM chips it is OEM. I turned the engine off as soon as the car landed on the roof but it was then sitting upside down for about 2 hours until the recovery guys arrived. Starts and runs but there was smoke from the exhaust - suspected from the turbo perhaps?? Unfortunately my brother in-law's mechanic friend who had a look didn't realise how old a car it was and so was not able to connect his diagnostics equipment to have a more in depth look - but I will endeavor to have a more detailed analysis carried out;

Gearbox - Also good condition, did not give me any trouble in the short time I had the S2 - should not be any damage as a result of the crash;

Drivetrain - Again the crash should not have damaged any of the drive shafts or the prop and it rolled easily onto the truck when we took it away from the recovery people so none of the wheels have been misaligned or owt. Speaking of which;

Wheels - Five good condition (some minor scratches from before the accident) Avus style alloys. That's the original type fitted to the S2 not the later design. Each have exceptional condition tyres;

Brakes - Excellent condition, OEM;

Suspension - OEM, very good condition. When the car was upside down I had a chance to look at the wishbones - also very good condition by the looks of it, certainly no damage as a result of the accident;

Bodywork - Most of it salvageable but in fairly rough condition as a result of clattering through a fence before the car dug into a ditch and flipped over into peaty ground! Other than the damage to the roof, most damage is at the front of the car - bumper is cracked on one side and came off the car completely, driver's side headlamp smashed, bonnet has some deep scratches and a few ripples. The doors are in reasonable condition - both opened and closed fully when the car was righted but obviously some superficial damage - but driver's side has a slight dent from the sill being forced upward. Front wings have dents, 3 large ones on the passenger side. Rear wings and the bootlid & spoiler in similar condition to doors - some deep scratches on the spoiler, Passenger side door mirror is beyond reapair, other side fine. Rear light cluster and rear bumper are also fine. In general fairly good condition considering the crash but will need work;

Interior - Very good condition for it's age but some glass spread about the place now . Other than slight fading on the steering wheel it looks and feels almost as new.

If anyone is seriously interested please send me a PM and I will let you know anymore information that you might require. And if anyone is interested but does not want an engine then I potentially have someone who might be able to take that off your hands - but again, I really would need to get rid of the whole car in one go as it can't live on my sister's from garden forever - although it will be there forever on google street view!

Looking for around £1,500, but negotiable.
    Last edited by 3B-S2; 19 August 2010, 18:32.

The Vultures are fuelling up as we speak....

Comment

Would be ideal as for bits to get my S2 back on the road.
      Very sad to see yet another awsome car off the road.

Comment

Suspension - OEM, very good condition. When the car was upside down I had a chance to look at the wishbones - also very good condition by the looks of it, certainly no damage as a result of the accident;

Comment

have you got a link to the street view so we can see what it looks like?
          91 S2 coupé - RIP
          98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Haha, unfortunately it is under a cover and the google car only drove past the other day so it's not up on street view yet. If you or anyone else is seriously interested then I can get a picture taken for me (I'm several hundred miles away from at the moment) and will probably put it up on this thread too anyway.

Comment

Sigue en venta el volante¿?
              es el de tres radios¿?

Saludos

Comment

Originally posted by Rs2ce View Post
                Sigue en venta el volante¿?
                es el de tres radios¿?

Saludos
                Apesadumbrado el coche era completo vendido
                Audi Nut!!!

Comment