1995 S2 Avant Ragussa Green 146k FSH T&T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 S2 Avant Ragussa Green 146k FSH T&T

Bit of a feeler really as I don't really want to sell but am being tempted by the number of RS2s available out there.

I've had this car for over a year now and done around 5k miles in it. I got it completely straight and original and have tried to keep it that way.

The only mods are a homefried remap, MkI S8 Avus alloys (2x Michellin Pilot Sports, 2x Conti Sport Contacts - very good tread), smoked side indicators, aero wipers and a dechromed front grill. It's probably only done 1k miles on the remapped ECU and is genuinely an unabused example. Some guys will have seen it on the Harrogate meet and can vouch for its condition. It's a non-sunroof model with aircon (needs re-gassing), black cloth interior with carbon inserts and 3 spoke airbag steering wheel.

I have all the original handbooks, paperwork for the alarm, Sony stereo (with CD changer in the boot) and most importantly a fully documented service history. It has Audi history up until 70k miles and independants after with corresponding receipts to show the work done. It had the cambelt and tensioners done at 137k miles from Whitebirk Audi in Blackburn. Most recently it was serviced at 143k at a local garage (oil, filter, air filter, new sump plug and washer), however, it also went to Rob (GT500) to have the cam cover gasket replaced, new plugs and a brand new POS fitted. I have the receipt available for this but you can also contact him direct to get his professional opinion on the car. I have also replaced a leaking O-ring on the PAS pump and flushed out the old fluid, and recently replaced the other POS and fitted the MH mod to get it back on full power. I've even addressed as many of the small niggles as I could including replacing any popped dash lights (no dash peel).

It has MOT and Tax both until October, although i'd put a new MOT on for any prospective purchaser, 7 previous MOT certificates, HPI report, various receipts (the battery has 1 year left of the guarantee), and I have the spare keys and alarm fob.

It has 5 previous owners. In recent years (prior to my ownership) it's also had a new water pump, oil cooler, radiator, aircon condenser, front bushes, steering rack, front shocks, top mounts etc. etc. with receipts for literally thousands of pounds.

It really will be sad to see it go (if it does) as there probably aren't that many original ones left. If it doesn't sell then I won't be heartbroken, it'll just mean I don't get an RS2.

I'm wanting around £4300 for it or could sell with the original alloys (4x Continental Sport Contacts with good tread) for around £3800 maybe.
    Attached Files
    Audi S2 Avant, 1995, ...and it begins with a Homefry
    Audi 80 Sport, 1986, ...my first car...wish I still had it
    sigpic

More pics
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

And more...
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

Good luck with the sale mate,am very tempted to add another raggy green avant to my collection(for the wife to use of course)
        Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
        Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
        Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

Go for it...this will be perfect!!
          Your welcome to view anytime.
          sigpic

Comment

Blimey! Talk about being inundated with interest. Nobody buying Avants anymore?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by haaran View Post
              Blimey! Talk about being inundated with interest. Nobody buying Avants anymore?
              Well I'm considering buying another Avant though wasn't thinking about an S2 initially, though seeing some advertised around 3k sparked my interest.

Comment

I'll be travelling up to Edinburgh Wednesday evening and will be there until the weekend if anyone north of the border fancies a closer look.

Price negotiable
                sigpic

Comment

I'll be travelling up to Edinburgh Wednesday evening and will be there until the weekend if anyone north of the border fancies a closer look.

Price negotiable

If you come down near Cambridge I'll take a look .

Comment

The experts on here will advise to buy on condition not mileage and to pay a little more for one thats had the common issues fixed rather than a cheaper one that needs a few things fixing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Take your point but then there's the motivated sellers that for one reason or another want to move a car on, I only posted on your thread as you asked about buyers, good luck with your sale.

Comment

Cheers mate!

By the way i wasn't directing my comments specifically at you. Just thought i'd give a general bit of advice to anyone thinking of buying one of these.
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheers mate!

By the way i wasn't directing my comments specifically at you. Just thought i'd give a general bit of advice to anyone thinking of buying one of these.

No problem , I started looking for an A4 tdi avant as a sensible everyday economical car but sense went out the window and S2's started to appeal.
                          Last edited by pauly7; 25 September 2010, 02:32.

Comment

Working...
                          X