Pearl White S2 3B Coupe 1991 For reluctant Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl White S2 3B Coupe 1991 For reluctant Sale

This is a reluctant sale. I'm so sad to have to do this but finance dictates it. I wanted to take my time with this and give the S2 a good future as the plan was to keep it. I thought I would place her for sale here first as one forum member to another. However if there's no takers then she'll go on auto trader, pistonheads and finally ebay.

I have kept the S2 in dry storage during all the winters I've had it since 21 Dec 2008.
    Mot till Oct 17 2011
    Tax till Mar 31 2011
    I have a file full of work done over the years and a 'HPI check' for viewing, the list is too big to put up here.
    91 3b s2 (H)

Good points:
    - Pearl white colour coded bumpers and sides
    - RS6 18" ALLOYS painted in dark graphite/black metallic
    - Yokohama Parada spec 2 on 3 wheels, except one which was replaced a week ago due to a screw in side wall.
    - Front S2 Recaro leather drivers seat
    - Front Zimmerman drilled discs (std size)
    - All round polyflex/superflex wishbone bushes
    - RS2 Front ARB
    - Polyflex/Superflex rear diff mount
    - Full gearbox rebuild/recondition
    - Full boost silicon hoses
    - Full water silicon hoses
    - Full 3" Longlife SS exhaust from turbo back with one silencer no cats (passes emissions test very well so no worries for MOT)
    - Short shifter with A6 gear knob and gaiter
    - S2_Bo's plasma gauges
    - Boost gauge
    - HID's
    - RS2 Headlights
    - H&R Springs
    - Bilstein shocks
    - No boost leaks!
    - Recon K24 turbo
    - Recon head
    - Large IC + custom pipework
    - Lots of EM/IM Head associated gaskets replaced
    - Alpine Ipod head unit
    - Neat Ipod interface unit installed in glovebox
    - Front kenwood components
    - Rear Aniversary spec Component speakers
    - Active vibe 10" Sub
    - (All ICE comes with the car)
    - Front and rear wiper conversions
    - Holds coolant very very well only needs a little topping up bout every 2k (normal I'd say)
    - Oil pressure is very good never goes over 5bar. Cold start she sits at 5bar then goes to normal once warmed up, this is normal S2 behavior.

The bad bits:

- The car is suspected to have been chipped with something but is unknown what it is.
    - There is slight damage to rear tail light and bumper as you can see from one of the pics on previous sale thread however the damaged light passes MOT
    - minor bubbling paint in normal areas which is normal for the age of her.
    - Known oil leak at top of engine at cam shaft area but at least one more is suspected.
    - Front grill not fitted but available with car sale.
    - The rear diff bushing/mount needs replacing.
    - ABS light is now on so will need looking at for MOT.
    - Trip comp lcd screen and lcd clock don't work
    - The previous owner had the recon diff and gearbox from a 10v non Turbo quattro put in, I have the original 3B diff and gearbox which will go with sale of the car. The 3B gearbox only has a bad 3rd syncro I was told.

This is a very well spec'd S2 which has been well looked after, however she does have a oil leak which takes over the course of 100 mile or a week roughly half a ltr of oil to top up. This is a factor of the low price. I'm told that to find everything & cure everything that could be wrong with her and to do the job properly as in straight'n'true is an engine out job with the pro's.

I have been very honest about the car and I'm very sad to have to let her go, so I am open to offers although i am looking for £2,050 ovno
    Feel free to tell me if this is even a realist price?

Anymore questions please feel free to ask.

This is a previous forum S2 sale, original sale thread with pics.
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33181

However I shall post my own pics in time.
    Here is a few photos I have already when I got her in Dec 2008.
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/dto_gar...ehicle_id=1093
    Last edited by Sephiroth401; 28 February 2011, 09:57. Reason: Got the price wong for the forum ment for a 0 as in £2,050 not a 9 as in £2,950! unbelievable mistake. lesson learned always double check
    AudiManDan

Shame to hear your selling up.
    What will it be replaced with?
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Originally posted by s2_bo View Post
      Shame to hear your selling up.
      What will it be replaced with?
      This is the thing I never thought I'd have to sell the S2, ya know it was gonna be the S2 and me till the end. So to save money now I've taken my sisters car a fiesta 1.3
      AudiManDan

Comment

Hi just to let you know I have seen a catastrophic mistake in price on my sale as 3k is not what I was after on this forum, I was looking for 2k and never had any illusions about what the car is worth. This is just one unbelievable mistake that's done me no favors. Just thought I'd let you know.
        Regards Dan
        AudiManDan

Comment

Sold!
          AudiManDan

Comment

2k was a bargain imo, even with the niggles listed above.

Is the buyer a forum member?
            91 S2 coupé - RIP
            98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Well the buyer (a forum member you'll be glad to hear) defo got a bargain and I hope the S2 stays on the forum with her new owner for a long time to come. If only so I can see how she will progress to a fully sorted beast. I hope she gives her new owner the good times i never had time to enjoy and spend.

I hope some day in the years to come (when the recession isn't kicking everyone's asses into gear) I can rejoin the S2 family... maybe I go avant next (just too practical not to and easier to justify) but like I say it'll be years and I dred to think how long.

Next up to sell a Porsche 928 S4 (father's lovely rebuilt 928 S4)
              so watch keep a watch out for that
              AudiManDan

Comment

Looking forward to being in an S2 again!!! So much for saving for my house i cant keep away. Thanks to Dan for selling me the car when im sure if he tried to he could have got more for it, but seemed more interested in it going to an enthusiast!
                Plans are to have some fun in the S2 until i am ready to buy the house and then possibly sell her on, or keep her ;-)
                3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

wow £2K, thats a steal I'll keep an eye out for another Pearl down south now
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Yep cant wait to get my hands on it now. Just the small issue of getting from Kent to Devon to get it but needs must.
                    3'' Longlife Exhaust, Koni Adjustables, H&R Springs, Full RS2 Setup with Mr Nugents RS2 Chips (just need the RS2 Airbox)

Comment

Working...
                    X