• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 Coupe Quattro 2.3 NG

Morning all

Now selling my 1989 Coupe Quattro
    NG engine
    Showing 166138 on the clock but reading through the history, the clocks were replaced at some point so I put this at around 200K
    MOT to 10th December 2011
    Tax to 31st April 2011

Basically I bought this as a work mule last November. I now have a truck for work and this is no longer required.
    Please be under no illusion, this car is quite rough cosmetically but looks pretty straight and works very well.
    I have done nothing to the outside, save a quick wash now and then.

The Blue velour interior was very tatty and wet, which was replaced with my Black Quattro script interior, except the carpet and looks pretty decent, bar the drivers bolster and missing seat trim.
    Drivers window was replaced at some point but not lined up hence the wetness
    I have sine re-aligned the doors and there are no more leaks that I can detect. I’ve replaced the tired hinges on the passenger but not drivers, these will be included

History shows a completely new injection system was fitted at some point, although at the last MOT the emissions were well out.
    The car was given a full service with points and plugs, oil and filters as well as a good de-gunk. Air metre was re-set and all is well. Runs very smoothly and sounds lush

Not sure when a cam belt change was last performed so this maybe a priority

Tyres were fitted at last MOT and have covered 1600 miles since
    Replaced both front and rear wiper motors and wiper switch
    Sunroof works
    Switchable ABS, light works but never tried it myself
    Quattro script rear window
    That’s about your lot for the good stuff

Now the bad!

MFTS is faulty (assumed). I have tested the wiring and the gauge reads when grounded but the wires were heavily corroded and cut at some point, I have since tidied it a bit.
    Wings rusted in usual places
    Door strips coming off
    Windscreen cracked in both bottom corners
    General untidiness including under light trims loose, sticker abuse and bits of trim falling off.
    Bonnet is bent up in driver’s corner where I opened it during the icy period
    ISV is faulty, stalls when coming to a stop so it is unplugged, car is a bit lumpy on start as a result but settles after a few minutes
    Some lights in the switches not working
    I tried fitting a remote c/l kit but couldn’t fathom out the wiring diagrams. Unit unlocks but won’t lock on the button, bits will be included.
    Drivers window is slow.

In all, function over form with this one
    I’m bound to have missed stuff so please come have a look, I'll even make a brew

£600 would be nice.
    Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by recurveandy; 11 February 2016, 14:33.
    1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
    2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
    1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
    1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
    1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
    1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
    1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
    1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Bargain!!don't suppose you want to part with a grand n your car for my urs6?

Comment

Tempting as it is I can't justify another car, just wouldn't get used enough
      Plus the wife would have a fit!
      1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
      2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
      1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
      1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
      1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
      1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
      1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
      1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Working...
      X