1994 Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.8V6 - Left hand drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.8V6 - Left hand drive

We have an Audi 80 Cabriolet which we have owned for almost 8 years but now don’t really use any more. The reason for the lack of use is that the car is left hand drive and we bought it when we were living in France. It was a great toy out there but now that we are back in the UK the LHD doesn't quite have the same advantage! With a RHD S2 Coupe and two other RHD cars on the road it's difficult to justify keeping it.

It’s a 2.8V6 manual in dark blue metallic, I think it’s Indigo, with full grey leather interior (heated front seats) and electric roof.

It’s UK registered and probably a little unusual in that it’s a 1994 model, but I don’t think the 2.8 version was available in the UK until later, possibly 1996. It could well be the only 94 model 2.8 cabriolet registered in the UK!

It was apparently bought new by a guy in the forces stationed in Germany who later brought it back to the UK and registered it here in 2000. The date of registration on the V5 is July 2000 so it might get a W plate if the current number was ever transferred. It was sold to it’s second owner in 2002 and we bought it in 2004.

It has normal (for the UK) right hand drive headlights but still has it’s original speedo in km’s - so it can swing both ways! On UK plates in Europe it would be OK with 'beam benders' on the headlights, or a diy job with tape etc but it shouldn't be too difficult to find a set of LHD units if a more permanent solution was needed.

It’s done the equivalent of around 140,000 miles and still looks pretty tidy. The body work is generally in good condition with just a couple of marks on the body and some superficial stone chips on the lower edge of the front bumper that wouldn’t really take much to sort out if necessary. It scrubs up well and the paint work still has a nice shine. There’s no sign of any rust or accident damage - it was all clear on HPI when we bought it and it hasn't had any bumps since.

Mechanically everything is fine as far as I’m aware, it runs and drives well and everything works as it should - it has been extremely reliable whilst we have had it. I took it for an MOT last week which it passed first time.

The electric hood works fine with no sign of water leaks. The plastic rear screen is a bit misty as they often are but there are products you can get to improve this, or you can have them replaced if necessary. There's some wear to the leather on the drivers seat bolster but otherwise the interior is fine.

It has a distinctive reg no - J10GUV which can stay with the car unless it is of particular interest to anyone separately. The 17” 5 spoke wheels & tyres shown in the photos may not be to everyone’s taste but have probably covered less than 2000 miles from brand new. They would be available by separate negotiation otherwise the car will have the standard 15" Audi alloy wheels.

It is still a very useable, practical 4 seater convertible and would be ideal for someone with a property in say France or Spain or it may be of interest to some of the European members on the forum. It will probably go on ebay shortly but I thought I would put it on here first. Cabriolet prices do seem to vary quite a bit these days but the fact that it is LHD does make it more difficult to put a value on it. However I know the rules mean that I have to put a price on here so I’ll say £1900 ono and see how we go.

Attached Files

1994 Audi 80 Cabriolet 2.8V6 - Left hand drive

I've had a couple of PM's asking for more photos - I had included several more on the original post but for some reason only the last two appeared. Here are the others -

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
    X