1990 Audi Coupe 2.3E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Audi Coupe 2.3E

Hi gang .. this is the advert i used to advertise my coupe last month, had a couple if sniffs but only time wasters. I put it up for £625 which i dont think is un reasonable. However I really need it off the garden ASAP as i have other commitments pending. Im open to sensible offers but must stress i need to get it gone. Here is the advert :

Hi all, it has finally become time to sell on my 1990 Audi Coupe.

I purchased this car 2 years ago as a project, the car ran, drove and just about stopped. Since then I have put a decent amount of money into getting the mechanically sound, along with various repairs/replacements of little odds and ends. When i bought the car there was a lot of water ingress and a musty smell was accompanied by mold and damp footwells. I stripped the entire enterior, wet vax-ed all the seats, i replaced all the underlay and cleaned the carpet. All door seals were replaced and the windscreen was sealed. Since then no water has been inside the car. I replaced both headlights with genuine valeo units, (very hard to find), I replaced the ignition switch and barrel, the car was fully serviced around 3,000 miles ago, (oil and filter change, fuel filter, air filter, distributor cap, rotor arm and spark plugs, cooling system flushed and topped up with G13 antifreeze etc) Have since replaced the starter motor, thermostat, rear brake accumilator (£140 from Audi). I replaced the heater matrix which is a common problem with the Coupe, this required the whole dashboard to be removed, and took 2 days to complete. I replaced the engine temperature sensor and both injection and ignition ECU's , also I have recently replaced the rear o/s caliper.
    This is a rough overview of the work I have done, as if i listed it all the advert wouldnt fit on the page. I have all reciepts and 2 folders full of invoices etc. To cut a long story short after many months work, she flew through an MOT and has been on the road sinse with no major issues.

SPEC:
    .2309cc NG 5cylinder engine 136bhp.
    .5-speed Manual gearbox.
    .237,000 miles on the clock.
    .MOT till FEB 14
    .Tax just expired
    .Electric Sunroof
    .Electric windows
    .Electric mirrors
    .PAS
    .Front and rear fogs
    .5 x Genuine Speedline alloys in good condition all with decent tyres.
    .VDO Gauges (Oil pressure, temperature and battery voltage)

All electrics work, however the rev counter is a bit confused occasionally, and the temperature gauge is intermittant, which is a common fault.

COSMETICS:

Cosmetically the car is not all it could be. The bonnet suffers from stone chips, the rear bumper and spoiler both have a bit of laquer peel, and there is a small scuff on the rear bumper. I have resprayed the doorstrips in the factory colour (LY9B Brilliant Black). The car does clean up well and always turns head but is by no means mint. All 5 wheels are in fair condition with 2 continental tyres on the back and 2 michelins on the front, the spare is a dunlop with very decent tread.

ENGINE AND BOX:

Although having 236k on the clock the engine still pulls very well and idles nicely, the car could however do with a small fine tune. I had a small issue with the cold start for a while however recently it has cleared up since replacing the starter motor and flushing the fuel system. As mentioned above I have replaced the thermostat, engine temp sensor, cleaned the ISV, and had the throttle body and intake cleaned by a garage. The breather system was also cleared out recently. The gearbox is lovely and smooth and has no faults, every gear change feels the same and is nice and crisp., and she pulls well in all gears. The exhaust system is standard apart from the rear section, which is flexi-grade exhaust tubing. This gives the engine note a lovely rasp.

OTHER BITS:

.I use this car to commute to work and back every day with a round trip of 20 miles and i am averaging 34mpg.
    .The binacle (speedo/clocks) could do with replacing, 3 days ago the mileometer stopped working, and as mentioned above the rev counter and temp gauge are iffy.
    .ALL electrics work.
    .All lights work.
    . I have a shed full of spare parts and "desirable" parts which i accumilated for this car, with the intention of re-spraying and fitting all of them, These can also be sold in a deal.

This car has been my absolute baby for the past couple of years and i will be sad to see her go, however i have recently purchased a younger one with slightly better paintwork, and my old man wants his garden back.
    To sum up .. this car is NOT mint, it is a 23 year old car and has 23 year old car related marks etc, it still has 5 months MOT and the tax has only just expired. She drives straight and smooth, stops squarely and always turns heads around town.

I am look for offers in the region of £625 as there arent that many of these left on the road, and for the amount of love i have put into this car i cant let it go for pennies. Please no time wasters as my dad needs his garden back for his next arrival ! 10 minutes from junction 10 of the M20.

Open to sensible offers in and around the the region, if you have any questions or would like more photo's either email, text or call me on 07799 160 892 during work hours or 01233 860061 after work hours.

thanks Sam

£625 ONO

That was the advert posted on fleabay

sorry for the limited photo's but my other hosting site isnt working at the mo .. if anyone wants anymore photo's just give me a shout.

i also have various bits and pieces in the shed (v6 front bumper, 3-spoke steering wheel, washer jets etc etc.) these can go as part of the deal for the right offer.

Make me an offer !

thanks people

Sam
    93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
    93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
    90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
    95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Somebody must be interested in the old girl, please call Sam or even post to me as I want her off my garden soon, whilst there is still some MOT.

Stuart

Comment

Sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      93' Audi 80 2.6 Quattro
      93' Audi Coupe 2.6E Auto
      90' Audi Coupe 2.3e 10v
      95' VW Polo 1.0 ...

Comment

Working...
      X