Something fishy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something fishy

This is in Birmingham, same area as the black CQ20v that was up for £5.5k despite being worth about 2k if the mileage is genuine and the owner could be bothered to keep the lower bumpers in good order.

The 20v ended with one bid from a username 2***i Very odd I thought then I looked at this Orig CQ and it has 2 bids starting at 10k!!!. Would you believe it, bids are from the following usernames;

r***7
    k***1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-AUDI-...item2588750fce

Seems a bit odd to me. Clearly someone is trying to encourage bids but failed. I know most on here are astute and would not be paying this sort of money for cars like this even if they were genuine. I emailed the seller of the 20v but received no reply.

I miss my CQ but I am not paying 5grand for one ha. The S2 is probably worth not much more if any.

Don't consider the bidder user names correct because eBay change them to random combination...
    '93 S2 Avant breaking
    '95 S6 Avant sold
    '83 80 Quattro SWB
    '85 90 Quattro
    '85 200 Quattro 10V sold

Comment

Really? Learn something new everyday. Is that just for privacy as when I sell something myself, the bidders ID remains the same after auction ends and I can see their history etc.

Regardless, something fishy must be going on with both these cars. Neither are worth close to their asking price but still have bids on them

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
        Really? Learn something new everyday. Is that just for privacy as when I sell something myself, the bidders ID remains the same after auction ends and I can see their history etc.

Regardless, something fishy must be going on with both these cars. Neither are worth close to their asking price but still have bids on them

It must be for privacy I guess...
        I noticed when I was bidding and a friend if mine looked at the same item and my username appeared as something completely different...
        '93 S2 Avant breaking
        '95 S6 Avant sold
        '83 80 Quattro SWB
        '85 90 Quattro
        '85 200 Quattro 10V sold

Comment

Now it's 10k

Comment

if its portway cars then they dont sell themselfs they just put cars in the showroom
            or outside .most of them are well ropey well worth a miss and as for the price

i sold mine with 64k on the clock mint for about 3k

Comment

The letters you say appears random ie f***m on ebay don't randomly change at all they stay exactley the same permenantly. Been up against guys whom i have personally know for years and worked out their private ebay codes p***s . Seriously i am not joking
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by bartolomeus View Post
                Now it's 10k
                And 'reserve not met'........

Comment

Umh. How does a car in 2009 get an MOT pass then presumably is driven away from the centre only to return 4 years later having completed just 2 miles?

I'd avoid this like the plague!
                  4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
                  1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
                  2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

Originally posted by S2 EDS View Post
                    I'd avoid this like the plague!
                    Me too, and not just for the unlikely mileage as you point out.

The ad to me sounds like bull! Why would his "friend" ask him to sell the car when he admits himself he knows nothing little about them, presumably the guy who owned it would know something about it?

If an ad says I'm selling for s friend and know little about it, it always seems to me that they are hiding something and don't want the accountability of the sale. If you buy and there's something wrong you cant blame the seller as it wasn't his and he couldn't possibly have known about the fault as they know "very little about the car"!

I could be wrong here but I'm always sceptical of this sort of ad, I like dealing with the person who owns the car and knows something about it.
                    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
                    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Comment

I'd rather buy a nice S2 Coupe'

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                        I'd rather buy a nice S2 Coupe'
                        Agreed!!!

Definately something iffy about it.
                        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                        96 URS6 plus speck estate
                        94 2.6 80 Avant
                        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

its people like this that give car dealers a bad name.......

Comment

The sad thing is some poor fu**** will end up getting stung

Comment

only a fool will get stung.....

Comment

Working...
                              X