Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 A6 TDI Avant AEL - Big Red

Good day,

With a heavy heart 'Big Red' my beloved A6 avant work horse is up for sale. Bought as a stop gap 3 years ago, when my gf lived 150 miles away and I required more economy than my 325i could provide, from Raj (baltiboy).

Important stuff:
    Mileage 180k
    The cambelt was done at 156k.
    Mot: 02/07/2014
    Tax: end of 06/14
    AEL - 140 bhp, 6 ahead gears, 1 astern.

Following parts replaced during my ownership:
    Discs and pads front and rear
    Rear Calipers
    Rear springs
    Front Top mounts
    Glow plugs

Other notable features:
    CD Player
    Non-sunroof (ideal track car candidate)
    Winter and summer wheels available
    Water tight, unlike my coupe

A good going work horse, I used it to go to Le Mans last year and would have no qualms about jumping into it and doing the same again today. Averages about 40-45 mpg no matter what speed you seem to be doing, it will hit 50 mpg easily if you sat at 60 mph. The body isn't the tidiest but that's all part of the charm. The front arches are away, there is lacquer peel on most panels and there are a good few scrapes and dints in it from it's long and interesting life. It was very liberating to drive, not worrying about where you park or concern yourself about peoples general disregard for other's property.

I'm selling due to the gf moving in and me recently purchasing a petrol estate, so I no longer really have a use for him. In an ideal world, I would keep hold of him for pub and skip runs, but I don't really have the room. He has become part of the family and is well liked by friends and family, there have already been cries of 'You can't sell Big Red!', but unfortunately all good things must come to an end.

I'm looking for £800 and that will include a set of winter wheels. I'm located in Glasgow, but could deliver if my costs are met.

Any questions, just ask.

Finally, Big Red enjoying himself on holiday:

Working...
X