S2 Avant look TDI Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gavin A View Post
    It looks ok, but not nearly as good as my cabriolet which I broke up to save this. I wish I had kept the cab and scrapped the TDI instead, I was only thinking of MPG - I miss the leather, the electric windows, having enough power to overtake a moped but mostly it didn't sound like a cement mixer.

All 3 cars look great is the Porsche yours to? Why are you selling your 80 it's cheap to run and looks fab?

Comment

Glad you asked.... yes it is the perfect daily/ hobby car ect... selling because -

I use this every day, its just nicer to use than the 80-

I also have this, which is used by my GF- (she is not interested in driving the 80)

I still have the Porsche which is "the hobby car"

So, the 80 does not get used and sits here- (which is annoying as it is always taxed, insured and MOT'd

Comment

^and there are more too.

Comment

And, I still have it..

Because, I did a 6hr drive to get a pump for £200 - off a running 80 tdi, 1994.
          BUT, its not the one, the electronic part is different inside and the car does not run with it fitted.

Many hours and much time wasted, not sure if to break it, let the buyer have it cheaper as it is, or just smash the **** out of it.

Comment

Has the car stopped running after the sale?
            Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

No, runs fine.
              As explained, it has a fault for last few years - when you lift off the throttle and coast in gear, it needs to return to idle before pedal will work again.

I said id sort this before auction end thinking it needed a pedal, but its the pump and I have had a job getting the right one.
              One on its way now from Ireland, seller is waiting for me to sort it.

Comment

Very good buyer then.Deal could still go through so happy days!
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin A View Post

Seller is waiting for me to sort it.

Still a nice car for them and a good price for you.

Both parties will be pleased in the long run, but a pain for both right now.

Nice choice of cars.

Comment

If you can't find the solution yourself, can I recommend you speak to Martin at Marlin Motors in Bletchley. He does all the diagnostic work for the VW Golf Cup Cars and is great at finding problems. He is also local to you...

Comment

Its defo that, I am a tech myself so no need to go to another one, its getting the right part that is the issue. And if I have to spend even another £10 on it to sell it - its a parts car! (I have someone for the wheels and headlights already)

Its cost more in the last 2 weeks than the 3 years I owned it.

Comment

nice looking car
                        NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                        X