This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 Audi S2 3B

Long story short, I'm getting married in 6 weeks and emigrating to the US in November. I've thought a lot about storing the car and taking it with me once it reaches 25, but realistically and financially this won't happen. Gutted to be selling.

Emerald green
    About 144k miles. Clocks show about 85k as they were swapped for a mint cluster (no peeling)

Bad parts in complete honesty -

As it stands: Car currently sits with no radiator and no PCV system. The day before its MOT I noticed a loose PCV hose in the engine bay and it had just disintegrated at the T-piece at the rear of the motor. The rest was no better and the valves were clogged with sludge so the whole lot was removed and a Roose silicone kit and OE valves bought to fit. These have not been fitted. Radiator was a cheap pattern part so a brand new Hella/Behr unit was purchased. This has not been fitted.
    Both the hoses and rad are NOT included in the price but we can work something out (hoses and valves were circa £150, as was radiator). Old rad is water tight and will be included in the sale.

Bodywork is poor. The rear of the car is very good, but -
    The drivers door lower rubber trim is curling and will need replaced.
    There's rust along the top of the windscreen (which itself is cracked where the tax disc would sit) which is likely resulting in water ingress.
    There's a deep gouge to the bonnet which has been touched up. It's bad and will need resprayed.
    Both front wings are rusted where they join the bumper.

Headlining is sagging at the rear.
    Water ingress into drivers footwell. It's a coupe so it could (and likely is) from numerous places, probably the top of the windscreen and the fusebox seal.

Good points -
    A lot of you will have followed my thread and a lot of what has been done can be found here - http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58200 - as you can see. It's received everything it's needed, always quality parts, and I've amassed a full folder of receipts since buying it two years ago.

Car runs, idles and drives absolutely spot on
    New dealer plates front and back
    Chassis fuel lines and new fuel filter last year
    2 x new handbrake cables and at least one rear caliper (possible 2, I can't recall tbh)
    Bosch S5 battery still in warranty
    Roose silicone water hoses
    Roose silicone boost hoses
    Aux rad and air con removed (could be good or bad, I suppose)
    New genuine dizzy cap, N75 valve, blow off valve, MTFS, lambda.
    Magnecor lead set 2 years ago and NGK plugs this year
    New ISCV
    Full genuine timing belt kit and water pump fitted within last 5k miles. Done by Audi mechanic with correct locking tool and torqued to spec (see thread)
    Ellipsoid headlights and Osram nighbreaker plus bulbs
    Stainless exhaust from cats back. Stainless decats currently fitted and genuine cats will come with car.
    Replacement Sony speakers all round in OE positions (I.E. can't be seen). Headunit is a Pioneer USB MVH-150UI which will come with the car
    17" Avus alloys with VGC Avon tyres. At least 6mm all round
    Powdercoated strut brace
    Powdercoated H&R -40mm springs all round
    Koni adjustable rear shocks (have done less than 2k)
    Brand new genuine front shocks (have done less than 2k)
    Front forged wishbones with genuine bushes & Lemforder joints (have done less than 2k)
    Brand new rear wishbones with Lemforder ball joints (one has yet to be fitted and will come with the car)
    New ARB links all round
    New top mounts all round
    4-wheel alignment 500 miles ago
    ABY air box and new K&N
    New front Bambridge inner steering arm bushes and new Lemforder outer ball joints
    New damper (currently held by tie wraps at the chassis side due to having hands too big to fit the bolt - should be addressed by buyer before driving. Bolt included with car)
    Full leather interior in what I would describe as fantastic condition (passenger door card is still cloth, leather one included with sale).

There's A LOT more I've forgotten and a lot of spares will likely come with the car.

As it stands, trailer away - £2800.
    With new rad and silicone PCV hoses supplied but not fitted £3k
    As above but fitted £3200

I appreciate that's a lot to take in (and a lot has been missed out), so feel free to PM me to strike a deal Car is in the **** end of nowhere, Kintore, Aberdeenshire. I'm happy to take photos of anything that serious buyers want to see.

Yours,

A very sad Sidrick.

That's a pity mate but I can see why you need to sell the car.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Shame to see that your having to sell, glwts

Comment

GLW sale, emigrating and wedding!! Car looks right smart.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Just to answer a couple of questions. Plate goes with car and I'm not selling parts separately

Comment

Alex should be buying this!

Comment

Sad times. My Emerald Pearl 3b might also have to go soon due to me about to lose my garage space. I am trying everything possible to keep it but you are right not to store it until 25yrs old. If you are getting married and moving abroad, the time has come. Good luck with sale and also for your new life.

Comment

I would be interested in what spares you have. I'm in the grand metropolis of Kemnay , and have a pearl 3b which I'm slowly restoring.
                GLWTS

Comment

GLWS nice looking S2 shouldn't have any probs selling this

Comment

what are of the states are you moving to?

Comment

Houston, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by supersonic112 View Post
                        I would be interested in what spares you have. I'm in the grand metropolis of Kemnay , and have a pearl 3b which I'm slowly restoring.
                        GLWTS

I've front and rear subframes as well as a rear diff all in VGC available. Anything in particular you're looking for? I've literally a room full of parts for the ol' girl

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                          Houston, Texas
                          I'm there now and probably moving here sometime next year

Comment

Shame you're selling, followed your thread closely and know how much time you've put into this car to get it where it is!

Good luck with sale nonetheless
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Well sub frames were on my list, and a diff. Just the usual , things that may come in handy. Maybe I could swing in by some time?
                              If you could pm yer address if that ok, I will sling across my mobile.
                              Probably be next week sometime as I am away to weegie land this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X