No announcement yet.

Very Low mileage 1996 S2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer beware as always. A good visual inspection and alignment check would be a starter for 10. Bad sill damage or chassis leg damage would probably cause it to be a cat c. If it's fixed properly it isn't an issue from a driving standpoint. I guess the real issue for any buyer is the insurance valuation if it gets bent again, goes up in flames or gets nicked.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

^^^
      Good shout...
      Mines on a cat, and with the mods is actually more to insure than an RS2...
      And yet I know I would get stiffed if I had a claim...

Comment

Must have been fairly bad. When I had my S2 I was rear ended by a Land cruiser at a set of lights, with bull bars. Obviously destroyed rear panel, lights, bumper, creased quarter panel, boot floor and needed putting on a body jig. Repair was done at a VW dealer and took a couple of months. This was in 98, the car was a 91 and this didn't result in it being recorded at all.

Comment

It wouldn't be recorded if it didn't go through insurance?

A car could have an almighty whack, and someone could just pay out their own pocket to have it repaired, and it'll never be registered....

Comment

All done through his insurers.
            Actually it was Feb 2000.
            Last edited by skiffy; 22 May 2015, 13:59.

Comment

The Cat C was a rear shunt the only evidence I can see is the replacement of the rear panel where the lights are housed. No VIC present as this wasn't required in 1998.

Was the answer i got regarding the cat c.

Comment

Working...
              X