Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi C5 S6 Avant 2004 4.2 V8 Quattro (Silver)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi C5 S6 Avant 2004 4.2 V8 Quattro (Silver)

THIS CAR HAS NOW BEEN SOLD

Due to the impending arrival of a company car, and to stop me owning 4 cars, I am reluctantly selling my S6 Avant which I bought in May 2015. Current mileage is 138,500 with full service history, most recently at Audi Stratford upon Avon. 8,000 miles until next service due.

I scoured the market for a good while before opting for this particular car, you will find a couple cheaper but you get what you pay for. I paid top money for it as I did not want it to be something that was in and out of the garage every 10 minutes as it has been my primary business vehicle (I have been self employed until this month). The car was previously run by the Director of an Engineering company which I thought was a pretty good sign, he covered c.40,000 miles in 2 years and spent considerable amounts to keep this car in good shape.

Since I purchased the car (from a dealer) I have spent absolutely nothing on the car other than fuel, insurance and road tax, that’s how good it has been to me in the 4,000 miles or so miles covered, it has been incredibly reliable.
    Production of the C5 S6 ended in 2004 and this particular car is therefore the one to have, the spec on this car includes:
    • Body as per RS6 (flared wheel arches)
    • Full unmarked electric heated Recaro black leather seats (lovely), almost zero bolster wear. This was an expensive optional extra.
    • BOSE sound system with CD changer in the boot and 2x SD cards for MP3 playback
    • Audi professional Navigation with phone connection
    • Dual Climate control with fully functioning heating/air con
    • Window blinds in the rear windows (good for kids)
    • 18” RS4 alloys
    • Full Milltek Exhaust fitted at 100k miles

The car has had almost £5,000 spent on it in the last 3 years including a full cambelt and water pump, thermostat change by and Audi main dealer. It has 4 matching Continental Sport tyres that have covered c.6,000 miles and have mountains of tread left. I was informed by the previous owner that the front shocks have been replaced at 130,000 miles at the Audi Main dealer, I can get confirmation of this if required as I don’t have the invoice to hand.

The Bad Bits – Not too much really. A couple of scratches on the rear bumper, a scrape on the passenger side front wheel arch (surface scratch on a wooden joist in my garage) and I guess the alloys do look a bit tired. Otherwise the bodywork is excellent, you can tell this car has been very well looked after.

Service History:
    14,185 - Epsom Audi (AVS 1) Jan 2006
    22,309 - Epsom Audi (AVS 2) Mar 2007
    39,866 - IGS Hampshire (40k mile long life service) Nov 2008
    56,824 – Fontain Iver (AVS 1 + Cambelt etc) Dec 2009
    67,712 – IGS Hampshire (10k mile service) Dec 2010
    79,658 - IGS Hampshire (40k mile service) Nov 2011
    97,656 – Stratford Audi (AVS) May 2013
    118,743 – Stratford Audi (AVS) June 2014
    130,003 – Stratford Audi (Major Service + Cam Belt, Front Discs & Pads)

I have invoices for all work carried out by the independents.

Price is £6,500 ono.

The car is in South Manchester. Another 30 picture available on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tomand...57663283050961

Tom
    07942 800 160
    Attached Files
    Last edited by darkhorse1210; 28 January 2016, 09:33. Reason: Car now Sold

Pictures now added

Comment

Wow...what a beauty![emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      96 UrS6
      96 UrS6 Avant
      Previous:
      '87 coupe quattro, '85 90 quattro
      '95 S2 Avant '89, 200 quattro 1b
      '00 Allroad 2.7T, '02 S6 V8 Avant

'96 A6 2.5 TDI quattro Avant.

Comment

Has the gearbox had any repair on it(yet)?Also,are the original alloys available?
        96 UrS6
        96 UrS6 Avant
        Previous:
        '87 coupe quattro, '85 90 quattro
        '95 S2 Avant '89, 200 quattro 1b
        '00 Allroad 2.7T, '02 S6 V8 Avant

'96 A6 2.5 TDI quattro Avant.

Comment

As far as I know the gearbox has never required any work, this was something I asked the previous owner about when I was grilling him about the car.

The car came with these wheels on and I personally think they look great, I've never seen the original wheels (unless it was a special order when new?).

If you want to know anything else or have a chat about the car then please drop me a line.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

P.s. The gearbox works faultlessly, whether in standard 'drive' or 'sport' modes or when you use the paddles

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X