No announcement yet.

Selling my Cabriolet :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gav but I'm not about to start buy more parts for a car I am selling only to be stuck with a set of wheels that don't fit on my S8 or my TT.

However, if recurveandy doesn't like my wheels, good to know yours are out there!

Incidentally, what are you looking for £ for the Boleros?

Comment

Cheers Lee , it was more directed at the other chap if he wanted a set of OEM wheels for it.
      £300 for the boleros . Decent tyres and no kerbing etc

Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Further to your post recurveandy and Gav's response, if you had a set of wheels ready to go on, I could knock her without the wheels but with the hardtop.
        Last edited by 1781cc; 18 July 2016, 18:30.

Comment

Not that I want to tread on anyones toes, but I would have thought you'd easy get £1500 for those alloys and hard top sold separately?

Have you considered £2500 firm for the car without the hardtop and the buyer brings their own wheels? Most people interested in a car like this probably have a set of 80 alloys kicking around.

That said it is a shame to start messing around with a car thats as nice as that.

Comment

yeah, I did consider splitting things down to sell her, even putting the stock suspension back on as I know I can get good money for the KW 1vs as well, but the issue some people will have with the boggo 80 alloys is that she's running twin pot callipers at the front so clearance on anything other than the boleros might be an issue.

I am kind of loath to split the car really, I might just end up keeping her at this rate and shoving her in a crate till next year - I'm not selling for the money, I'm selling for the space

There is a good unit nearby that is about £80 a week, easy enough to keep four cars in it, so I am weighing that up and speaking to a friend about going in with me on it. if that happens I'll keep all the cars and move the TT and cab out and none of this will be an issue!

Comment

Originally posted by Audi J View Post
              Not that I want to tread on anyones toes, but I would have thought you'd easy get £1500 for those alloys and hard top sold separately?

Have you considered £2500 firm for the car without the hardtop and the buyer brings their own wheels? Most people interested in a car like this probably have a set of 80 alloys kicking around.
              Unfortunately Lee....... This. Flog the wheels and keep the (painted) hardtop unless you get a top dollar bid for that on its own.

If you get really lucky, you might find a buyer such as Recurveandy wanting to bring their own wheels to fit.
              Originally posted by 1781cc View Post
              £80 a week
              That will get tiresome very very fast indeed!
              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

I have wheels a plenty
                If the brakes are the standard 2pot as fitted to the 2.8 and S2, then pretty much any 15" wheel will fit to it, I've got the old 'Aero' wheels on mine with no issues.
                Anyhow, I'll have a word with Doris and see what gives, as it's her money I'm trying to spend.!
                1989 NG Q Pick-up (Daily)
                2002 ASZ Golf (Doris' Daily)
                1997 AJK-G2 A6 Avant Q (In surgery)
                1999 AGZ Bora (Daily 2)
                1994 ABC A6 Avant (Spare)
                1984 JS Coupe GT (Slow progress)
                1982 WN Coupe GT5 (Spare)
                1983 MK1 Golf GTI Pirelli (In storage)

Comment

Some photos from an Audi Meet yesterday:

Comment

Stunning motor mate those wheels really suit the car glwts

Comment

cant believe this hasn't gone
                      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

also like the look of leggys motor, almost straight from the Audi brochure. (sorry for drift)

Comment

** Provisionally Sold To A Forum Member **

Comment

great

Comment

Working...
                            X