200 Turbo quattro - NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
    All 20v Coupes came with the speedlines.

On saloons, only the 20v sport had speedlines as standard
    It was this press picture that made me think?.......pre launch date maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post

Saw that too but anything so close to being an S2 but without a turbo is just silly to me... I suppose I could always turbo it myself....
      10v is nice to drive, nice torque low down for pootling about..........but I get your thinking!!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
        It was this press picture that made me think?.......pre launch date maybe?

This is where having the brochures makes all the difference! It appears that photo is how the original first cars came out of the factory fitted with Aeros. As an option at the same time were the, as you guys refer to them, "speedines". Why these are referred to as speedines is odd to say the least as 'Speedline' is an Italian alloy wheel manufacturer and not the name given to an Audi wheel! For Example, there are 10 spoke alloys introduced on the B4 otherwise know as 10 spokes and made by 'Speedline'. Perhaps the top of the range 20V coupe Wheels should be called 5 spoke split rims,albeit fake split rims.
        96 URS6 plus speck saloon
        96 URS6 plus speck estate
        94 2.6 80 Avant
        99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

John I remember when I had my 2.3 20v Quattro it had those wheels on and I changed them to something non Audi. Mine was a F reg one of the first ones released and was an ex Audi demonstrator, wish I kept it when I got my S2 but at the time couldn't justify it unfortunately and now wish I bought it last year

Comment

It was the UK brochure I was referring to when I made that comment.

The quattro 20v additional equipment was ABS and Speedline alloy wheels - standard fit.

The 20v was only available on a B3 so the 10 spoke wheels have got no place being on one. They just look wrong
            Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
              The 20v was only available on a B3 so the 10 spoke wheels have got no place being on one. They just look wrong
              The only thing i would like to see on the B3 Coupe is wheel spacers to fill the rear arches more.

There's no doubting your mechanical knowledge when it comes to our beloved older Audis so i doff my hat, but for me and others, the 15" Speedine 10 spokes from the b4 range look stupendous for a 15" wheel on the B3. When you think about how aesthetically pleasing a ten spoke is just look at the almost universal love for the 17" Bolero 10 spoke from the B4 range and in fact virtually all Audis of the era. There's something a bit special about a ten spoke! IMHO and it would seam Audi As there is for the Avus 6 spoke.

The B3 Audi Cabriolet with it's factory ten spokes.

96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Just as well we're all different.

Boleros do nothing for me. OEM for me every time which is why my S2 avant will be getting the original wheels on it
                Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

3B S2 wheels are the best, that's it

Comment

I use to own that 200tq around 3 years ago, its not as tidy as it looks in the pictures. I originaly bought it for $500nz not running, got it running and then thrashed the **** out of it for a while and then sold it. I did think about fitting a spare aan to it but decided to keep that for the 200 turbo quattro avant I had

Comment

Working...
                    X