3.0L TDi v6 300 bhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0L TDi v6 300 bhp?

Hi all.. I'm seriously considering buying either an A4, A5 or A6 with the 3.0L TDi v6 engine.

The plan being to take it up to 300 bhp maybe more?

Are all the engines basically the same? Or do some have more limiting factors than others with regards to increasing power? As I've noticed some models have less hp as standard than others.

or are these basically just De tuned in software from the factory ?

so my question is, will just a remap on any model with this engine be all I need to take it to 300 hp?

I've seen a guy on YouTube cutting off the rear boxes on his A6 and even just that alone gave him an extra 20 bhp over stock, without even a remap.

Thanks In advance.. Oh, and if you have one for sale, even better

​​​​
    C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

I asked Doug at MRC recently and he said the 3ltr TDI's all tune up pretty much the same, with the exception of the BiTurbo, which obviously has better power.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

There are numerous different revisions of this engine from fwd 204hp to the bi turbo in the A6 with 313hp. I had the 240hp version in an A5. Not that economical when you start using the performance
      Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikes2 View Post
        There are numerous different revisions of this engine from fwd 204hp to the bi turbo in the A6 with 313hp. I had the 240hp version in an A5. Not that economical when you start using the performance
        so... Better or worse than an AEL 5cyl ?economy wise?

My AEL isn't exactly economical if i floor it everywhere. But if i let it cruise on the motorway The computer was showing 45-50-60 mpg depending on the road.
        C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
        2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
        Schrick 272 cam
        C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
        ITG filter

Comment

https://malonetuning.com/ecu-tuning/...tdi/30l-v6-tdi

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/build-thr...400-hp-a5.html

Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
          2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
          2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
          1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Mgaz- I've only just changed my A6, 3 weeks ago, and although she had done 178k miles, she was just fantastic. (I changed to a 14 plate Black Edition). Both are 3.0 240bhp, although the previous one was remapped over 3 years ago. Damned quick, and 45+ mpg on a run.
            You asked about anyone selling one- Well if only you'd asked 3 weeks ago, because that car had more OE toys than I've Ever seen on a car.
            I'm not gonna openly advertise the car sales that now have it on their forecourt, but if you want to know, then I'll tell...
            they're asking 6200 for it.
            Last edited by Tonybolony; 14 October 2017, 22:27.

Comment

Oh, and like you- she'd been in Wales for the last 4 years

Comment

I have an A6 3L tdi Quattro le mans saloon ive had it for 3 years and its bloody superb. Fast when you want and lazy when you want it to be! I can vouch for these cars and engines

Comment

Originally posted by MGaz View Post

so... Better or worse than an AEL 5cyl ?economy wise?

My AEL isn't exactly economical if i floor it everywhere. But if i let it cruise on the motorway The computer was showing 45-50-60 mpg depending on the road.
                  Closer to 40mpg. I averaged 37.
                  Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

There's a guy on Audi-Sport.net has a tuning thread for his, trying to remember his name as I type. He seems to be a tuner himself , so writes maps and so on. One of the things I picked up on was that earlier cars have pumps with more capacity to increase fuel pressure, mine is a 204bhp so that was a tick for me. He really knows his stuff though and proves what he says on the drag strip, so no arguments there.
                    I haven't tuned mine yet but they are great cars and very enjoyable to drive. I get about 37mpg on average but I do like to use the power, regularly. Mine is a Tip-tronic auto with paddles, which I haven't had before and I do like but I would be interested to try a manual, although apparently Autos can take more power than the manuals so again a tick for tuning potential
                    I think the You Tube video you refer to is a guy form Glasgow who removes the back boxes on an A6, I think myself it's because A6 boxes are so big and heavy that he gets such a good result. A4s are not so bad, I had a 2.0 TDI with the internals removed from the back boxes, it made a difference and the sound was better but I doubt as much as he said.
                    So I have remembered the name; "bobby singh", username should bring up the thread or try this; http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads...thread.248899/, I did ask him a question at one stage and he was a bit curt i his replies but maybe he gets lots of random questions and is fed up with it but there is loads of good and usable info on the thread already. Some of you may know the username "Desert Storm", he is on there too and at times they don't entirely agree but it's interesting debate
                    Last edited by Rubberdubber; 17 October 2017, 20:41.

Comment

Working...
                    X