Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in 1.9 TDI gearbox,in Audi 80??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in 1.9 TDI gearbox,in Audi 80??

Hi all

As some of you know i had a RED Audi Avant 1.9 tdi and she was quick,was a great engine but the gearbox had great ratios................unfortunately she died in by the had of drunk driver..milage was 197 000 plus miles......engine/box was kept......

I now got a matalic blackish 1.9tdi Avant(267 987 miles)nd she doesnt feel the same.,gearing seems all wrong,had to change clutch yesterday..( genuinie from Audi).............(due to towing a friends quattro home over the dales)........

thought whilst box out why not put in other box

WOW what a difference.....feels like the old red one ..............( ok shes not as fast as old car) but its the same grt box feeling

My question is

BOTH boxes have the same gearbox code BAA but its like chalk and cheese......they both have slick gearchanges/no noises/run smooth BUT it feels that they totally different.............the (new) one seems to suit the engine better.

was there a sport/or specail version from factory??

Hope my post makes sense

cheers
    john

yes, different ratios for the "old" 1Z engine, with ~182nm torque and for the latest 1Z engine with 202nm torque.

i dont need to say which one is better...
    Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Boxs

Hi

Thanxs for that,info
      Yes red Audi Avant (on my profile pic) was the late 93/94 model,that has the later type airmass meter,whilst the blackish one is 92/93 model with the earlier type airmass meter.

Car feels so much better,also fitted the G60s and vented disc (from v6) to assist braking,yesterday to help with the better driving

cheers
      john

Comment

you should change the injectors, the later ones have that dual spring inside or something, and the engine feels much better...
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

injecters

Hi

ok will try that will swop injectors from Audi 90 quattro. (tdi. project, engine from my red Audi 80 in pic).......... since i only have to move it around for access to garage,.............wont mind the lack of performancce

I take it also i cant set up cruise control with this old set up??.....cant find the plug in the drivers foot well,like i had on the red one......and in manual says i shouldnt recode ECU as its the old type..ran dia on her with VAG1551 and my coding is 0000

Any thoughts

cheers
          john

Comment

no, it wont work on the old 1Z. try to use the latest 1Z ecu with it, but you will need to wire the thing up from scratch...
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

more poke

Hi

you meanin the injectors or cruise control/?

i think i will then leave all alone................... and look after my 90 project

cheers
              john

Comment

the cruise control only works on the latest 1Z engines...
                Audi Quattro WR

Comment

What code had the "good" gerbox? what RPM do you have at 130 km/h ?

BAA / CVC?
                  Last edited by Catalin_BN; 14 August 2016, 16:07.

Comment

Working...
                  X