Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ETKA screen shots request & A4 B5 gearbox questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounted on a spare gearbox

Shane

Comment

It looks very cool. I think I will prepare a few pieces of steel and weld them after I will mount the gearbox to measure the sizes.
      By the way...that is a DQT gearbox? Is has round flanges for the driveshaft? Not tripode?, If yes...I think I will need the driveshafts also.

Comment

The box in the picture above is from an s2. I don't know the code. You don't need driveshafts.
        Shane

Comment

Now my last problem (theoretically) is about propellershaft. The guy who will sell me the transmision already sold it. I think I need another one or just make a new prop. I think I can stick one from B5 facelift with 1.9 TDI PD and 6speeds. Should be the same since there is not another code for it in ETKA. Maybe I will be lucky to get one at a good price.

Comment

I don't think it's a good idea to put steel against the aluminum, the gearbox will corrode.
            Good luck with the propshaft. I can get you one in Ireland for €100 but the shipping price would be crazy.
            Shane

Comment

Thanks for the offer. The price is great but you are right about the shipping.
              I will see what option I will have. I'm really considering a 'one piece' prop. I'm just waiting somebody who can make it for a decent price. Is just a new tube with heads from an old c4 prop that I had at home welded and then ballanced. Is not rocket science. Meanwhile I will try to get one from the b5 6sp quattro.
              Thanks for the ideas. Very helpfull! (the aluminium mount)

Comment

thread revival... anyone that's done the 6spd conversion got there original box still sitting? Im looking for a spare 1.9tdi quattro gearbox
                1997 A4 avant 110 TDI Quattro

Comment

Working...
                X