Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension parts needed

Hi everyone.

Finaly I have decided to spend a bit of money on my Avant tdi rather than running it into the ground and buying another.

My susspension feels like it is about to fall apart especially the passenger side thanks to the amazing job the council are doing to sort out the roads these days.

I have been looking at the usual sites for replacement OEM spec parts (working on a budget here as most of my pennies are going on the S2 at the moment.) I cant seem to find anywhere that sells bushings/parts for the rear end.

Can anyone help me out with any suggestions??

Cheers

Cant help with the above but how is your s2 coming along.....longtime no pic's!

Comment

Originally posted by simon20vq View Post
      Cant help with the above but how is your s2 coming along.....longtime no pic's!
      Hi,
      Shame you cant help but Im sure someone will know.

The S2 is getting there slowly, I updated my project thread the othe day. The engine is sorted now and cooling issues fixed. Lots of new wiring and a replacement fan was required and a new fuse board to solve the problem, apparently the old wiring loom had been butchered and bodged at somepoint during its life.

The starter motor also gave up so that had to be replaced too.
      The car is still in the garage as Im getting them to polybush the rear and get the suspension set up correctly. Aparently it makes lots of strange noises when being driven. They also said its not as quick as they expected it to be so I will be putting it on the rollers as soon as I can.

Comment

i use Andrew page who supply febi parts. always good quality and most bushes cheap enough

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
          i use Andrew page who supply febi parts. always good quality and most bushes cheap enough
          Thanks,
          Just checked their website and it seems that they are Trade only which unfortunately I am not.

Comment

powerflex do a rear beam bush as I had some before.

Comment

if you are really struggling could help with order via Andrew page. unless you are looking for poly bushes i would think most motor factors could help.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                if you are really struggling could help with order via Andrew page. unless you are looking for poly bushes i would think most motor factors could help.
                Ill keep your offer in mind.

Im really after the rubber mounts for the top of the suspension struts. Havent checked the condition of the rear beam bushes or the other two.
                Would love to polybush but trying to spend as little as possible on the car.

Comment

if you mean strut top mounts then speak to Pete at quattro corner sorted out a number of bits for mine very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X