New daily driver - 80 tdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New daily driver - 80 tdi

I've just bought an 80 tdi so I can give the S2 some attention in the next few months. It has some running issues which I am hoping aren't too serious.

Firstly, when I got the car there was a fairly bad judder in 4th and 5th under load. When you were driving on a constant throttle it was grand but when you come off throttle and back on it would judder. If you hold the throttle position steady it goes after 10 secs or so and you can floor it without judder so long as you don't come off throttle completely.

Then, the speedo stopped working and the judder left it. The idle isn't too smooth and generally the car isn't that smooth to drive. When under load there is a vibration throughout the whole car.

Speedo started to work again today, didnt notice much judder when it did but still not smooth.

Also, when you rev up in nuetral the engine seems to hold the revs for a sec or so when you lift off before irt starts to fall. If you blip the throttle the revs still raise after you've lifted your foot. This doesnt happen all the time.

I will hook it up to vagcom when I get the chance but is this a common issue on these?
    Last edited by gunman; 19 November 2012, 18:13.
    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

I hooked it up to vagcom and there were a few error codes, some I may have caused when I was working at it yesterday, I disconnected the maf to see if it ran any better. Here's a screenshot of the codes:

Cleared the codes and took it for a run, just the 00777 code came up again:

Also graphed the injection quantity, it jumps from 1.2 to 3.4 at idle.

Not really sure what to make of it
    1996 Audi S6 Avant.
    1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Comment

Working...
    X