AEL custom mapping anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AEL custom mapping anyone?

I will be looking for a custom map soon on my AEL. At the moment running generic chip set but looking to get the most out of the k24 and some better mpg.

Craig
    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Rstuning in leeds, automark in Stokesley and Malone in vancouver who does it via emai/vcdsl (you need a chipburner) can all do it

Comment

I know Mark at Malone does it using vagcom logs. I have tried in the past but communication broke down.
      Will try him again as need to get proper power from the a6quattro.

Comment

Try darkside developments, in Barnsley.

A friend of mine works there, 90 for socketing ecu, and then dyno time on top of that.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
        1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Did you try getting in touch with Darkside?
          sigpic
          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Cant remember. Will be looking into this again soon.

Comment

I went to Darkside on Friday to see if they could MAP the AEL. The good news is they can, the bad news, they want the car for 2 days. At a guess, I would say this means they are not doing the mapping themselves, but sending the VAG-COM logs to somebody else who is writing a chip and sending it back to them, like Malone do.

They did have an AEL engine in the shop that they're building for a customer in Norway, custom built tubular exhaust manifold to mount a VNT GT2260 from a 3.0TDi, should be quite interesting, but I forgot to ask what ECU they'd be running to control the VNT.
              sigpic

Comment

This is exactly what I am planning to do to my T4 as it now runs AEL injectors. I've been told to talk to a guy called Wayne at chipwizards. Not spoken to him yet but will post results when I do.

Contact details:

Unit 1 Moorhouse Fold, Milnrow,
                Rochdale
                OL16 4DH
                Lancashire
                United Kingdom

Telephone: 01706 651000

Fax: 01706 650346

Web: www.chipwizards.co.uk

Email: wayne@chipwizards.co.uk

Contact Name: Wayne Schofield
                sigpic
                "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Need a different ecu to control the vnt. T4 ecu can't remember what model. Wiring involved also.

That's why I went back to external wastegate k24 from vnt. So I could control it better.

Comment

Could try calling eco tune or AVA in Glasgow.

Comment

Sure I found a diagram for an adapter to fit the VNT ecu from the later transporter into a a car with the older ECU. It was on TDI club, sounded easy enough if you had the plug ends, shouldn't need to modify your own wiring harness.

Comment

Originally posted by philj View Post
                        Sure I found a diagram for an adapter to fit the VNT ecu from the later transporter into a a car with the older ECU. It was on TDI club, sounded easy enough if you had the plug ends, shouldn't need to modify your own wiring harness.
                        Link?
                        sigpic

Comment

VNT can be controlled by stock ECU using the EGR valve.
                          In the process of doing this on my car atm.

I can map these as well, done a few with real time emulation.
                          Though if you are swapping injectors, then vag-com logs are not a very good idea, you'd at the very minimum need wideband lambda logs to be able to dial in the injection quantity for the injectors (or the result will be lots of smoke and poor fuel consumption), and if you want the best result, you need a dyno to dial in the timing maps.
                          http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                            VNT can be controlled by stock ECU using the EGR valve.
                            In the process of doing this on my car atm.

I can map these as well, done a few with real time emulation.
                            Though if you are swapping injectors, then vag-com logs are not a very good idea, you'd at the very minimum need wideband lambda logs to be able to dial in the injection quantity for the injectors (or the result will be lots of smoke and poor fuel consumption), and if you want the best result, you need a dyno to dial in the timing maps.

This is what i did with my mk2 when i converted to vnt - use egr solenoid. Bery straight forward conversion

Comment

Working...
                            X