Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 80 TDi

Hi all
    I am thinking over the idea of an 80TDi to cut down on the miles I do in the S2.
    I beleive a couple on here also have these IIRC.
    What is the general opinion on these, and what to look out for when veiwing?
    Also, am I right in thinking these can be chipped? Anyone any experience of this in terms of performance and mpg?
    Any help always greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Paul

Lee has one
    Seriously though from what I have heard it's all good with these for many miles and they can be chipped.
    Don't expect 270bhp
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Searched for a decent one for the wife but couldn't find one! Didn't help local paper posting article saying one of the best used cars!
      Ended up with Astra 1.8 estate 1999 115bhp cdx. Not too economical but goes quite well!!!
      A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

I had a 80tdi Avant (80mm down, 16" and just with EGR off)... Miss she 1300Km with one tank...
        Audi 100 TDI :mischeif:

MRC remap; Green Injectors; Champion Sparks; Forge DV 006; Samco Intake pipes; K&N filter
        Xenon 6500k; Pillar Boost gauge; Alpine CDA 9835R on Bose with Infinity Sub
        Oettinger 8x18" with GS-D3 225/40ZR18; Bilstein with H&R Springs (-40mm)

www.autopamplona.com
        www.mrctuning.com

Comment

how do you get the egr off?

I recently bought an 80 tdi avant. It is a 90 bhp one. I paid £800 and traded a banger I bought for £200. It has done 155,000 miles. Bodywork is near A1, interior is very clean apart from a hole under the drivers feet. It has diesel pickup problem under 1/4 tank( I don't take it under 1/4), an occasional miss(once a week for 10 seconds while driving) and a fault code for the single injector. I will get round to fixing it soon. It probably needs some bushes/top mounts doing as it is a bit vague/wanders along the road. The enginebay looks like it is a 3 year old car. Other than that is an ideal commuting car/load lugger. It gets between 45 and 48mpg. It is not as good as my A4 TDI I had (90bhp mapped to 120bhp) but it is a newer engine - it got over 50mpg all the time

As for remapping, it is a primitive ECU and can be mapped but with the fault code we didn't bother trying - Mihnea will do it soon though.

I am more than happy with it for the money and is better than a lot of other more expensive diesels.

HTH
          Doug

(it has naff wheels - probably why it was cheap on ebay! I will try and stop the urge to put big wheels on it!)
          S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

They close the EGR by Vag-com... but with vag-com, you dont get the EGR full closed...

I did like "they" on do 1.9TDI with more than 170hp (here we have some with 220cv O.o), tehy remove all parts of (exaust pipe to egr, egr, etc), I just swap my gasket of the egr pipe by one gasket without hole... Gave me more throttle feedback, more quick...

Didn't know if is the smartest operation, but in my situation, worked fine, AND CLEAN!

The injector, upgrade them with Kerma injector, very people just use the spray part to fit on the injector (do not know the exact name, noozle?)... I saw very people with more 10hp just with that, without remap!

Hope i am correct!
            Last edited by bcdesigns; 7 January 2005, 00:46.
            Audi 100 TDI :mischeif:

MRC remap; Green Injectors; Champion Sparks; Forge DV 006; Samco Intake pipes; K&N filter
            Xenon 6500k; Pillar Boost gauge; Alpine CDA 9835R on Bose with Infinity Sub
            Oettinger 8x18" with GS-D3 225/40ZR18; Bilstein with H&R Springs (-40mm)

www.autopamplona.com
            www.mrctuning.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
              how do you get the egr off?

I recently bought an 80 tdi avant... ...It probably needs some bushes/top mounts doing as it is a bit vague/wanders along the road...
              (it has naff wheels - probably why it was cheap on ebay! I will try and stop the urge to put big wheels on it!)
              I've just got a '96 N 80 2.0E Avant, which wandered and clonked at the front end - following fresh wishbone bushes, 2 front tyres and a re-tracking it's transformed.
              Still the odd clonk, so top mounts could probably do with doing. You did well for £800 - mine has 138k, is practically unworn inside (save the odd bulb, and the accelerator pad falling off every so often ) and I paid £1500.

Get what you're saying about the wheels - I've got the nice 10 spoke allys, but I was sooooo tempted by a set of Cabriolet 17's that came up on ebay.de last week... I resisted ...this time! :mischeif:
              Nothing feels fast for long...
              sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

did they ever make an 80 tdi in quattro. there's one advertised on ebay as quattro- but not too sure I beleive it. Anyone know?
                Cheers

Comment

Heres one FS:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...521226139&rd=1
                  Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

And an Avant:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...520665134&rd=1

Comment

Originally posted by pjeast73
                      did they ever make an 80 tdi in quattro. there's one advertised on ebay as quattro- but not too sure I beleive it. Anyone know?
                      Cheers
                      Is this the one your on about? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...520368306&rd=1

Comment

Originally posted by Beetie
                        yeah - the last one. Is it a quattro? Did they make one in a diesel. I'm not paying that much for it now anyway - wanted one a lot cheaper, but would be nice to know for future if they did a quattro or not

Comment

Working...
                        X