Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

makes no difference from full left to right adjustment mate,

this is really doing my head in!

full throttle above 3500rpm is perfect performance and spec with 36ish MG/S IQ

when its shyte, below 3500rpm it is only 20-23IQ

and ALWAYS has a fault code of 17656/P1248/004680 - Start of Injection Timing Regulation: Control Deviation

and i just cannot find any "Evidence" of a true fault.

when i look at the timing adjustment with my Bosch KTS it is constantly at 20.4 degrees CA (im guessing its crank angle)

does the pump have an internal crank angle sensor?

it really knocks like ****, people look when you drive past and it sounds awefull!!
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

and when you are goung up a moderate hill if you are between 2000 and 3000rpm as you always are due to being an Auto, you can loose speed and the IQ can drop into the 19`s and be dangerously underpowered

Comment

you MAY have some inside leak in the pump...the diesel fuel , does NOT come to the injectors, its commen on vag pumps...its only circulate in the pump...

Comment

that would be a good call,

i dont have the tooling to measure pump output pressure, but i guess i need to have this evaluated.

i had this in the back of my mind but dismissed it, it DOES NOT SMOKE, but knocks like mad, like really bad!

pull the no.34 fuse and it doesnt knock on idle and i get a little bit of smoke, visual and i can smell it........ which is how it should be IMO

and the fault code for start of injection is not present (but N75 and 2 other associated solenoids have present faults then)

so im just scratching my head now, so so annoying!

what about the start of injection valve at the bottm of the pump? N108 is it? it has correct resistance etc

Cheers for the ideas lads, getting closer, i can feel it

Comment

have done MY 2,4 dieselpump (5 pot)... the inner gasged vas gone. its one of the commen issue, then the old 2,4 5pot are going to be really laizy.. and NO power under 3500 rpm.. only 60km/h max...hahahahaha.... but some time driving, and the heat are in the engine... 5000rpm...no prob...

Comment

im just looking at this...... first job tomorrow

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/VE_...tor_Repair.pdf

Comment

i really really hope this is the issue, although for some reason i doubt it......

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=7

Comment

"FIXED"

sort of..........

well going from full advance to full retard, keeping IQ to 4MG/S i managed to get the car to accelerate so hard it feels unreal, like a mapped PD 130 manual in 3rd

BUT i still have the start of injection fault.

**** it, light isnt on lol

but i think i have sacraficed a bit of top end power as over 4k is crap. I will fit a PD lift pump, hopefully help things

booking it in for a map to be done on the 28th once i get new injectors in from a 140bhp volvo/A6/T4 etc

Cheers for the pointers lads, still a bit baffled by it and i hope it just needed "cleared out" and it doesnt do it in the morning before it goes to the dealers lol

Comment

Working...
                  X