Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 TDI Owners

Hi

My daily driver through an alternator belt the other day, which has lead me to do Timing belt/Tensioner etc.... I have removed the rad to give easy access, and now about to re-fit it am unsure of the coolant capacity/ mix of anti freeze. Any ideas????

Roo

2 bottles of G12 (3 litres) will be more than enough.
    sigpic
    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
    Audi UR Quattro
    Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
    Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Fan Wiring????

Thanks Audiman, Iv'e now got it all back together, and running except...., I can't remember where the Rad Fan positive and negative terminate????? Silly I know, but it was over 2 weeks ago i took it apart, and I was tired. I'm 99.9% the positive terminates on the resistor plate at the front right of the engine bay, but its the eart point I can't find. i know i can take an earth from anywhere, but I want to put it back as it came apart so has anyone got a pic of there TDI resistor plate and surrounging area. It would be much appreciated.

Roo

Comment

S2Roo: quick question: what is the normal operation water tem in your tdi? I bought an audi termostat some time ago and the temp stands at 80 degrees...
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Strange you should say that, mine sits very low, prob just less than 80, unless I sit in traffic for ages (30-40 min) and then it rises to 90, and stays there with the fan coming on untill it drops a bit and rises again etc... But that very rare. I asked my local dealer, and the Mechanic said its normal?? I would have thought an engine running that cold would be less efficient?? Any idea on the fan wires??

Roo

Comment

I could take a look on saturday, not before, but there are some other guys on this forum with a tdi. All the cars i have ever seen have the temp on 90 degrees. boh
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

Working...
            X