Fiting 2.5 TDI in Urs4 AAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiting 2.5 TDI in Urs4 AAN

I was wondering how hard it is?Maybe someone here done this already?(i couldnt find such threat)
    I am geting my donor A6 2.5 I5(non quattro),and was planing to transfer my other urs4 into diesel ( i cant afford 2 S4 so 1 diesel is good for my finances)
    I was planing to keep suspension,gearbox,driveshaft's,rear diff from AAN
    Gearbox is 01E 6 speed,i was wondering how he will work with 2.5TDI(i belive is AEL?) 140hp engine?Will it need a lot of rpm for 100km/h for example?
    I was planing to place them next to eachother and transfer all needed

Every advice is more then welcome
    Last edited by Majorcina; 16 November 2014, 18:50.

Comparison of 5 spd versus 6 spd 01E gears CBD, CBL and CYT

C4 US6 5 spds have a spacer where the 6th gear would go. The 6th gear is short and has a shorter spacer. This is shown for the CBD 5 spd and the CBL 6 spd in the first diagram. The second diagram shows the diesel 01E 6 spd CYT gears. With the 6 spds, you need to change both the 5th and 6th gears in a conversion. The third diagram shows the corresponding CBL and CYT mainshaft parts that you would need for a conversion (probably easier to buy a good used EDU from an A6 2.7tt)

CBD and CBL differences:

CYT diesel 6 spd 5th and 6th gear PNs

Mainshaft parts for a 6spd CBL or CYT conversion:
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Dave maybe u didnt understand me good(or i didnt understand you)
      I will be using shell from urs4 with all quatro system included the gearbox(which is 6 spd)will remove the engine and wiring,and put evrything from donor car
      The donor car have 6 speed gearbox(non quattro),if i am corect i cant use that gearbox(from donor) on urs4?

Comment

First you ask if the top speed will be to little with aan gearbox on tdi engine,and now you ask if you can use fwd gearbox on s4 chasis.Answers:
        1.You need diesel quattro gearbox for good consumption
        2.You can mount fwd gearbox in s4 c4 shell

Comment

Sorry but i didnt ask for top speed,i probably didnt write it good(poor english) i was wondering will i need more rpm with 01E gearbox for normal speeds?As far i know people usaly put diesel gearbox on petrol cars,but didnt heard for oposite.So i am woried will fuel consumption and acceleration be much worst with this gearbox
          Abouth fwd gearbox,what can be done for it to work on quattro?

Sorry for my bad english and bad explanation of my "problem"

Comment

This has been done before and at least one time by a forum member with an S6 avant.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
              Dave maybe u didnt understand me good(or i didnt understand you) I will be using shell from urs4 with all quatro system included the gearbox(which is 6 spd)will remove the engine and wiring,and put evrything from donor car. The donor car have 6 speed gearbox(non quattro),if i am corect i cant use that gearbox(from donor) on urs4?
              Originally posted by Majorcina View Post
              I was planing to keep suspension,gearbox,driveshaft's,rear diff from AAN
              The engine will match up to the AAN 6 spd. I was just trying to show you that 6th gear on the AAN and TDi tranmissions are not the same and that at highway speeds with the TDi and AAN 6 spd, you will be turning more RPMs than with a TDi 6 spd = poorer fuel economy.
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Sorry for not understanding your point Dave,dont know a lot abouth gearboxes Here we dont have highways,top speed limit is 80 km/h so i sopose this gearbox will need to work till we find proper gearbox
                Will the fuel economy be much worst with this gearbox?

Comment

Is lpg propane available to you. Much better solution if it is...

Comment

This is for my friend,he buyed my old urs4 and we are converting him to diesel since registration for 2.2T is a LOT

Comment

Ah ok. Do they reduce tax or registration for lpg propane? Only diesel?

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des View Post
                        Is lpg propane available to you. Much better solution if it is...
                        2.5 tdi need 10 liter diesel
                        1-2-4-5-3

Comment

When u put lpg in car the registration is same like normal petrol+100e tax for lpg
                          For diesel is lower since he has less hp

Comment

Atest for diesel?
                            1-2-4-5-3

Comment

I have papers of the donor car+ block sits on OEM position engine mounts,so that shudnt be a problem

Comment

Working...
                              X