Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Diesel Tuning?

Oh dear. I can hardly believe it has come to this. But my question is:

Does anyone know of anyone that can custom tune VAG PD EDC15P+ ECUs?
    Obviously pretty much anyone can flash the ECU with a generic bin file, or copy and paste a few maps, but I need someone that can properly map to accommodate a larger turbo, and injectors, modifying existing SW.

I know Dmitri can do it? But he's not exactly local, or easy to get hold of.

Can anyone here recommend anyone? South West UK would be preferable, but lets face it, I'm more likely to find someone to tune my old MF135.
    SS

Gdluck dude! I'd be interested to know also! btw whats the coded words mean?
    You speaking Vag terms?

VAG PD EDC15P+ ECUs
    existing SW
    old MF135

Comment

Rocketchip or malone tuning. I run RC3+ on my tdi converted mk2 - flies and totally reliable

Comment

Not what you'd call local but they are supposed to be good:-

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/
        sigpic
        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by AndyP View Post
          Not what you'd call local but they are supposed to be good:-

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/
          Cheers, Andy. They look like they would be able to do, it's a shame they're a bit Northern, and their workshop is closed until the middle of next month. But if I haven't figured something else out, then I'll make the trip.

Chris, it's not really code.

Rocketchip and Malone don't look like the right sort of tuners tbh.
          SS

Comment

What car is this on? What spec you going for?
            sigpic
            1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
            1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
            1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Not used them but a friend has.

http://www.southwestincartech.co.uk/...e_overview.htm
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Thanks Andy. Local, with a MAHA, so that looks promising.
                SS

Comment

I had the same problem recently over in Northern Ireland. The car had been to the 2 top tuners in NI, but I still had serious problems controlling boost. I ended up doing it myself. I used EDC15 suite. Managed to get another 27bhp from the car and get boost under control. Car was a Mk2 Golf with 1.9tdi making 247bhp, 376lb/ft.

Ivan

Comment

Well I've sent a few emails out, and I've not had any luck yet. I think most just want to flash the ECU with an existing file for some easy cash.
                    I was hoping to find someone with experience to tackle this project. But maybe you're right Ivan, maybe I need to study it more myself. I've had a look through the bin and found most of the maps, but tweeking them for ~100% extra power is beyond me just now, and time is an issue.
                    I've had a play with WinOLS and TunerPro, but I haven't tried EDC15 Suite. I'll take a look.

The Golf sounds like quite a tool. What engine code and turbo was that? I'm almost tempted to chuck a 1.9TDI in the car, as in some ways that would much easier.
                    SS

Comment

I'd talk to Shark Performance. Ecotune would be very good as well, but Glasgow is not exactly Southwest.

Both these have done multiple +270hp pd setups.
                      Everything less than 2 bar is considered to be naturally aspirated

Comment

It's possible to tune it remotely doing ping-pong with files and logs, but that takes quite some time.

Also, a dyno with a realtime emulator would be beneficial for setting the injection timing.
                        Duration can be easily copied from a software where the new injectors were standard.
                        Boost can be adjusted remotely without issues...

And yes, 99% of "tuners" these days buy a file from the internet, flash it and take your money.
                        http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
                          Also, a dyno with a realtime emulator would be beneficial for setting the injection timing.
                          This is what I am after really once I get this off of the ground, as I am looking to find the limits of what the hardware can do.

Did you get my PM last month, Dmitri?
                          SS

Comment

Working...
                          X