IC to crossmember hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC to crossmember hose

While chatting to SFS mentioned about getting the reducer hose and they were interested to know what its for.

So when i have the cross member off and IC off in the coming weeks i will take it down to SFS for them to see about making a proper pipe up for it.

Since it is a simple design which they can adapt the reducer hose from it shouldnt cost much for a group buy on these.

Again, post your interest here.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Yep, count me in Greg.

Jeffer
    RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
    RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
    Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
    High Octane website

Comment

If it's "the simplest and most efficient mod" that is basicly precuted reducer by SFS that to fit IC/CROSSMEMBER. Than I'm in.
      Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Yup count me in on that one!
        cheers

Comment

I am in!

David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Count me in. Was gonna order it tomorrow!
            Coupe

Comment

Sounds a good idea, but i need one YESTERDAY! its leakin masses of presious boost!!! Any one tell me how much the standard 70 - 60 mm hose is? The original Mark H one!! And how long did it take to arrive?
              Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

theyre about 24 quid including clips, mine took 2 days to arrive

Comment

Ta, will check out a local supplier tomorrow first but need one one way or the other!

Comment

when was there with clips was £20
                    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
                      when was there with clips was £20
                      Um? i didn't quite get that m8?

Comment

Ive been over to see SFS after taking the front end of my car apart to get the cross member etc off.

Anyway we spent a while look at making a hose, basically the 60-70mm reducer hose is the most cost effective way to do it. It would cost a fair bit to have a special hose made up that has a steeper step in the reduction so could make a more snug fit.

So instead have opted just to stick with the way it is done at the moment. for £20 including all the clips etc it is still a cheap and effective mod to do.

To cut the hose we put the jubilee clips on the loose hose and cut it so that it was 40mm long across the reducing part of the hose.

Slid the small end onto the cross member and tightend the clip then put the IC up onto it. (with the standard O ring on it too) then tightend the IC on in normal way before doing up the second jubilee clip.
                        Attached Files
                        Greg

Comment

Close up
                          Attached Files
                          Greg

Comment

Working...