Test set of ABY Samco's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst I mainly errrr supervised !

Yes there will be details this week for everyone already on the list, and there should be no problems adding new names. Price is 210 Sterling for a full set that will bolt striaght onto ABY or ADU.

AFAIK - we will only have one colour - BLACK - but I will confirm this with Samco this week. There may be additional charges for those who want blue, pink, yellow or whatever other fantasmic colours that Samco provide....

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Paul

What was used to join the two hoses together (Martyn's 4th pic) and can this be included in the kit?

Also for lazy gits like me a list of the number and sizes of hoseclips needed would be really useful ta.

Leigh
      Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Leigh, there is a supplied straight coupling to join the two hoses together in the Samco kit.

For all the lazy gits out there too the clips required (according to Etka anyway... Jim will understand that comment!) are:

12-22mm x1
        23-35mm x4
        50-70mm x2
        60-80mm x4
        70-90mm x2

Dean, good news there then mate, looks like the kit will be ok for your RS . "While I just supervised" yeah! right..... apart from some unexpected (thanks! ) food and having to keep your young man entertained!, more tech stuff passed over my head than through it . I just love getting my hands dirty on my S, so I couldn't resist the temptation to get down and dirty on Jim's.

The kit is worth £210 with ease for sure. The OE hoses are £210 ish from me and these Samco's will last forever probably so there's no contest A good days fun was had

Martyn
        Martyn
        -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

And err. For more lazier grannies like myself. Could someone add snub and diff mount into kit and and and .... best mod ever IC mod. Would be great for me to pay for everything at once.

Would be good to pay trough vagboys's also.

Cheers.
          Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

:-))

That would be something to get all those goodies sorted in one go!! doubt it'll happen that easy

The snub we are handling, the Samco's Paul, the Mark H mod yourself from SFS, and the diff mount?? was that SFS too?

Nice idea though!!

have you got yourself a S now Sweeper?
            Martyn
            -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Yep would be good to get all in one go.

Martin: As the metter of fact soon . New block will come in next week , some new parts .... But yeah the new S will come soon .

Will be rebuilting everything so want to make everything in one go.

P.S. Argggg , my english sucks. And I believed I knew it well :/.
              Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Hoses

Been living in the bathroom for the last couple of months,So I am trying to catch up on things .Are those my old hoses in the pics or are they still at Samco,It feels like a lifetime since the Samco idea was started and I am glad to see that they are almost here .I just want to say a big thanks to all you guys who make things like the hoses ,headlights an the snub mounts happen it is appreciated . By the way my S2 is still in a hundred cardboard boxes and the wifes timing belt on her car has just broken Jingle f-----g Bells

Comment

me !!!!!!

i also need a set
                  what do i have to do now?
                  Quattro

Comment

Originally posted by Martynf

Is this the same piece for a 3B? If the pic doesn't show, it's the pipe to throttle body hose with the hole for the ISV.

I prefer blue, and I did read that they will only be available in black. It was my understanding that all Samco hoses start out as blue and color changes are applied over it. I suppose the exterior layer is more than cosmetic? If not, it seems like they could skip the color change step for those of us that want blue.
                    Last edited by auditude; 18 December 2003, 16:03.
                    Kenneth
                    1990 Coupe quattro
                    1991 200q20v x 2
                    1985 4ksq 20vt project
                    1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                    2006 Honda Ridgeline
                    1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Working...
                    X