De-Cat Pipes for 3Bs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-Cat Pipes for 3Bs.

Has anyone here still got their cats on their 3B Coupé? Maybe not. But if you have, you want to get rid of them.

I recently fitted some cat replacement pipes I had made for my 3B Coupé, and was instantly amazed at the improvement in throttle response. The car even boosts a little more and it pulls harder than before. The improvement in exhaust sound was welcome too, especially after my 87dB sound check at Castle Combe last year, even with the Scorpion rear box.

My old cats looked fine, and I was surprised to see the internals still intact. But they weigh a ton. Ok, maybe an exaggeration, but they do weigh 3.9kg each. Whereas the de-cat pipes weigh only 1.4kg each. So from ditching the cats you also shave 5kg from the weight of the car. Which is nice bonus.

I asked around at the garage meet earlier this year, and the 3B owners there paid between £90 and £99 for a pair of cat replacement pipes. A little more than what I paid.
    So I wondered, is there anybody here that’s interested in a cheap(er) de-cat pipe or two?

They’re made from 1.2mm wall 304 stainless steel, with 13mm mild steel flanges.
    The price is £30 per pipe, or £60 a pair obviously.

Stainless steel flanges could be an option, but a pricey one, and not really worth it IMHO.

I also used brand new genuine nuts and bolts, as the old ones had seen better days. These cost £13.63 in total for all 24 items (RRP £19.49). I can supply these with the pipes if you can’t be arsed to get your own. But if you can, the part numbers are:
    N 010 353 3 - for the M8 x 42mm hexagonal head bolt, of which 12 are needed.
    N 900 850 01 – for the M8 self locking nut, of which 12 are needed.

Any takers?

Here’s a picture of what's on offer:
    Attached Files
    SS

why the hell not, unless its really loud dont like people looking!
    Chef

Comment

sounds like a plan ... I had a full scorpion system fitted at one point, but found it too loud for daily, so shelled out for genuine Audi system (don't ask how much ), the scorpion system is gathering dust in my garage roof space

Comment

the scorpion system is gathering dust in my garage roof space
        would you like me to take it off your hands
        Chef

Comment

Originally posted by Markarina
          the scorpion system is gathering dust in my garage roof space

Originally posted by terrybullwon
          would you like me to take it off your hands
          Damn! Too late!!! Miltek de-cat pipes were already on the car when I bought it! But I miss the growl of the cq20v so a full stainless seems the answer!

cheers

Paul
          Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
          Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulgo
            Damn! Too late!!! Miltek de-cat pipes were already on the car when I bought it!
            :mischeif: castrated him in the 1st week

Comment

Originally posted by GirlRacer
              :mischeif: castrated him in the 1st week
              nice work too (although not a good choice of words there hinny! come over all unnecessary ) - and gives me a good start on a full stainless system!! I just need the rest now! dunno when or if I'll be able to afford Miltek but Scorpion would do me!! :mischeif:
              Trick Pearl White 1992 3B S2 Coupe. Porsche 996 monoblock stopping power! HID Seeing power! Mmmmm Miltek!!!
              Trick Indigo Pearl B5 S4 Recaros, Bose , Mmmm Miltek!!!
              sigpic

Comment

i'd be interested in the de-cat pipes but not just now.....zero funds
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I would for an ABY.
                  sigpic

Comment

If I had a pair of ABY cats, I could find out if I could get them done for a reasonable price.
                    SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter
                      Has anyone here still got their cats on their 3B Coupé? Maybe not. But if you have, you want to get rid of them.

I recently fitted some cat replacement pipes I had made for my 3B Coupé, and was instantly amazed at the improvement in throttle response. The car even boosts a little more and it pulls harder than before. The improvement in exhaust sound was welcome too, especially after my 87dB sound check at Castle Combe last year, even with the Scorpion rear box.

My old cats looked fine, and I was surprised to see the internals still intact. But they weigh a ton. Ok, maybe an exaggeration, but they do weigh 3.9kg each. Whereas the de-cat pipes weigh only 1.4kg each. So from ditching the cats you also shave 5kg from the weight of the car. Which is nice bonus.

I asked around at the garage meet earlier this year, and the 3B owners there paid between £90 and £99 for a pair of cat replacement pipes. A little more than what I paid.
                      So I wondered, is there anybody here that’s interested in a cheap(er) de-cat pipe or two?

They’re made from 1.2mm wall 304 stainless steel, with 13mm mild steel flanges.
                      The price is £30 per pipe, or £60 a pair obviously.

Stainless steel flanges could be an option, but a pricey one, and not really worth it IMHO.

I also used brand new genuine nuts and bolts, as the old ones had seen better days. These cost £13.63 in total for all 24 items (RRP £19.49). I can supply these with the pipes if you can’t be arsed to get your own. But if you can, the part numbers are:
                      N 010 353 3 - for the M8 x 42mm hexagonal head bolt, of which 12 are needed.
                      N 900 850 01 – for the M8 self locking nut, of which 12 are needed.

Any takers?

Here’s a picture of what's on offer:
                      stainless steel ? i'll do you for copyright

Comment

thanks to a local powerflow garage, there is now a single s/s pipe running from the manifold to the scorpion back box. plus they have also changed the (horrible) dtm tail pipes for some nice rolled end baffled units. sounds sweet!
                        '92 S2 - Bent now

Comment

So just to confirm, who wanted some of these?
                          I can get them done at anytime, but it'll be easier to get a batch made.
                          Has anyone got any spare ABY cats they can lend me? Bry?
                          SS

Comment

Working...
                          X