Mance mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mance mount

Having spoken with Mance for a very long time about his mounts and mount saver's. I have convinced him to allow a group purchase on these over here.

They are based on the latest BOGE strut top mount, then the modifications start.

He supplies a modified mount (see images), where the bearing is reseated, there are o ring grooves cut to allow the fitment of o rings to prevent the ingress of water and crud (this is the main killer of the bearing).
    The mount saver is a molded insert that helps support the mount and stops it from deforming overtime.

The kit (1 axle set) contains all the parts that are required to fit these and also comes with hardened slotted nuts.
    Attached Files
    Corey
    01636 822288

Price is £102 per pair or £196 for all 4. This is a UK price and inlcudes VAT etc but does not include shipping.
    Admitedally they are not cheap but the insert comes with a lifetime warranty (certain conditions) and they have over 3 million miles accumlated on the sets he has sold to date with no failiures of the insert.
    Attached Files
    Corey
    01636 822288

Comment

these will offer superior ride etc when compared to other uprated mounts. Please lodge an interest etc here.
      Any questions I will answer as time goes on.
      Attached Files
      Corey
      01636 822288

Comment

For all the swedes in here we have a little group by ourselfs on Nordicaudi to cut international bank transfer and freight. I will order through corey that is. But they will all be sent to me and i will ship em out in sweden. So only one international freight and one international bank transfer.

Heres the thread link.

http://www.nordicaudi.com/php/forum/...sb=5#Firstread

Hope thats ok admin?

Comment

Originally posted by meep
          For all the swedes in here we have a little group by ourselfs on Nordicaudi to cut international bank transfer and freight. I will order through corey that is. But they will all be sent to me and i will ship em out in sweden. So only one international freight and one international bank transfer.

Heres the thread link.

http://www.nordicaudi.com/php/forum/...sb=5#Firstread

Hope thats ok admin?
          No problem with that, it makes sense to save shipping for you guys.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hi Corey,

Are these made from supperior rubber? I usualy change the top mount because its gone soft and squashed. Not had bearing issues, blue or green squished every couple of years....

Regards,

Rob
            Rob..
            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
            87 UR 20v ABY
            97 S6 Avant
            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

The BOGE mount supplied is the latest version as supplied by Audi, it is then dissassembled and has various machining operations to it. The mount saver seen in the first image helps support the rubber mount and prevents it from deflecting and squishing. You can (just) see the saver (insert) in the third image, where it has been assembled to the mount.
              Corey
              01636 822288

Comment

The guy that manufactures these is very pendantic when it comes to the detail aspect, I mean he even puts the mounts through the dishwasher (after removing the bearing) to remove all the traces of the molding release agents that you would normally get on one from the stealer's
                Corey
                01636 822288

Comment

wow, i'm impressed!
                  Rob..
                  94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                  87 UR 20v ABY
                  97 S6 Avant
                  96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                  1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

I would say i'm impressed but got burnt with them alloy mounts in a Bilstein setup (no implications intended on these mounts BTW)

How long do these mounts last in terms of the rubber deforming?

Comment

I must just ask to get this straight... The mounts as delivered from audi are modified by this guy? Not only equiped with these extra parts but also machined to perfection? So one could not just buy the extra parts and use them with the top mounts as they come from audi? I have some spankin' brand new topmounts fited so I have to ask so I know for sure. =)
                      /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
                      www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
                      #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

After doing much trawling and hopefully getting all the information together to answer most (if not all) questions.

Originally posted by Mance
                        The best I can do is make an insert that will allow the car go to a pre-determined point then stop collapsing further by preventing the center half from shearing/separating from the outer half. If the mounts have no insert they can go beyond their designed limits. The problem with stock mounts is this happens altogether too quickly.

Its designed to let the new strut mount its installed in settle into a stock ride height then settle no more beyond that. It prevents the mount from hyper-extending and shearing/separating from its outer half. If the mount cant hyper-extend or shear/seaparate from its outer half it should live forever.

All mounts will offer increased structural rigidity to the stock strut mounts. All will hold alignments longer and remain more stable during turns and be less affected by lateral forces against the inner/outer tire sidewalls. Turn-in is significantly enhanced as well due to increased leftt-right-fore-aft strut mount rigidity.
                        I hope that helps?
                        Corey
                        01636 822288

Comment

Hmm... I'm sorry to say that I didn't get much wiser. =/ But on the other hand I'm not famous for beeing smart.

Still don't get it if he modifies the mounts or if he "just" manufactures parts that strengthen them. In one of these threds i read it sounded like he removes the ball bearing and modifies it and then puts it back. But now when I read what you qoute it sounds more like what he manufactures is "just" addons for stock mounts. So one could, theoretical, buy the mounts from audi and the "add-ons" from you/him.

Don't get me wrong here, it's a fantastic option and one hell of a work he have made. But just want to get my head around if he modifies the mounts or if they are just complemented with some extra stuffs.
                          /NEO - I have a sexual thing for big brakes.
                          www.irry.com | Irry got a face lift!
                          #nordicaudi @ irc.nordicaudi.com

Comment

Originally posted by NEO
                            Hmm... I'm sorry to say that I didn't get much wiser. =/ But on the other hand I'm not famous for beeing smart.

Still don't get it if he modifies the mounts or if he "just" manufactures parts that strengthen them. In one of these threds i read it sounded like he removes the ball bearing and modifies it and then puts it back. But now when I read what you qoute it sounds more like what he manufactures is "just" addons for stock mounts. So one could, theoretical, buy the mounts from audi and the "add-ons" from you/him.

Don't get me wrong here, it's a fantastic option and one hell of a work he have made. But just want to get my head around if he modifies the mounts or if they are just complemented with some extra stuffs.
                            Please ask as many questions as you like, I don't think I answered your question fully, sorry.
                            He modifies the stock Audi mount so that the bearing sits true to the mount, he also machines an o ring groove to seal the bearing against the ingress of water and dirt (which is the killer of the bearing).
                            He manufactures the mount saver insert and also supplies the washer, o rings, slotted nuts also.

Theoretically you could just purchase the mount saver but you would not get the full benefit and I do not think the lifetime guarentee would stand with the mount saver if the full kit was not purchased.
                            Corey
                            01636 822288

Comment

He allso made these F1 solid mounts.

The only thing I can tell you guys out there who don't know Mance is...buy his stuff he's a master. I'll look for pics of his car to post & it's the most amazing thing you've seen.
                              But his mount savers are incredable
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              thanx
                              Ron
                              90 CQ 2.6l 20vt stroker project...sikRs2
                              91 v8q 5spd DTM project
                              91 200 20v
                              93 v8q 4.2 "Der Green Monster"

90 v8q not stock..Urs8 gone but not forgoten :-(

Comment

Working...