Group Buy - CG Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Buy - CG Lock

A what....? I hear you ask. Simply put, its a seatbelt lock which works by locking the lap part, keeping your butt firmly in the seat and also on longer journeys, reducing backache etc. It connects to the seatbelt clip and is secured with2 screws...

For those who like a spirited drive or venture onto tracks from time to time but can't really justify a proper harness, then this really seems to offer significant seat of the pants improvement.

It's been well reviewed by main and niche motoring press: http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/reviews/

Am just about to buy one myself but it looks like the company regularly run simple group buys for clubs where we just get issued with a club specific discount code to enter in their own order system.

I have mailed them to see what they offer but in the meantime, any interest?

Cheers
    David
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Definitely. If the price is right!
    RS2+ (now sold...)

Comment

will let you know once they respond. Retail is £39.99 to give you a starting point
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I had a CG lock back in about ummm.....1990 - but then it was 100% plastic and cost a fiver!
        I used to use it to hold my belt loose rather than strap me in - but back then I was driving a 750cc fiat panda !
        I was trying to find it the other day as my other half is preggers and finds that the seat belt presses down on her bump too much.......
        So I also would be interested but wouldn't want to pay much over £20 really
        sigpic

Comment

ok, had a response and they will do it for £34.99 inc vat and shipping, which is pretty good actually.

Just awaiting them to setup the code which will be s2forumcg, then you simply go to their website and enter that code when prompted.

www.cg-lock.co.uk

Will reply once the code is live...I'll try and get mine ahead of ADI this weekend

Cheers
          David
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Spk to Graham at CG-Lock and pretend you're from a car magazine, they can't give them away fast enough!! i had a couple lieing around, i'll try and dig them out.

One of our clients over in the states suppiles them as well, they work out about £25.00 + p&p and thats without discount, obvoulsy they gotta come from the States tho so postage more.

http://www.automotion.com/productpag...&cid=1&sid=224

Comment

All ready to go, to order click here: http://store.cglockonline.co.uk/order/?dc=s2forumcg

Offer is valid to the end of the year. Even better just secured an additional one for us to use this weekend at ADI if you want to try before you buy

Cheers
              David
              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I've been using one for a year or so now. I find it mostly helps stop me creeping forward in the seat on a long journey, and it's certainly helped stop my back getting sore.

It is pretty handy when the roads get twisty too if you really crank it tight. Means you use the steering wheel less for keeping yourself upright, and more for guiding the car!

It looks complicated, but it's very easy to fit and quickly becomes seconds nature to release / tighten. Feels very weird driving a car without one now.
                2005 Skoda Fabia vRS
                1993 100 S4 Saloon (resting)

Comment

I've got one in my Avant that I robbed out of a colleagues Porsche. I haven't tried it on track yet but on the road it does help keep you in position in the twisty bits and as mentioned above does help with back pain on long journeys (and with my suspension anything that helps your back is a good thing)

Only down side is it is rather heavy and can get in the way sometimes. mine is an oldish one though so the newer ones are probably lighter/smaller.

Ben
                  the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                  1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Thanks for organising this discount David.
                    I've got one on order - anything has to be better than the standard seats.

Matt.
                    Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
                    2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
                    2003 A6 Avant Tdi
                    Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
                    2004 VW Caddy SDi
                    2002 Civic Type R

Comment

saw this on rs246.com or was it audisrs.com... and they have the same deal....

mighty tempting...

Comment

guess that price is their default club price i'd expect....
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

sounds good though....

Comment

My friend has these in his boxter and after testing them on spirited drive i'd say they are perfect for an ocationally tracked car....i'll be ordering one before long, cheers for setting this up David

Ant
                            91' Coupe quattro 20v - project
                            KW V2s and other goodies
                            now gone
                            03' BMW 330CI - Sold
                            08' A5 Coupe 3.0l tdi quattro - Sold
                            57' BMW 525d M Sport Touring

Comment

Thanks to Sonic, we now have a buy it now link straight to the order page from our homepage
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X