Tubular EM - Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tubular EM - Group Buy

I already have a minimum 5 orders for tubular EM's. I am not making any money on this, just helping a friend in the states. The customer has more HP and a larger budget than I do so I probably won't take part in this myself. His target HP is 450 - 500. The tubes will be dimensioned accordingly. Possibly smaller tubing can be negotiated but this is not certain. Delivery time for a single unit about 4 weeks. Probably longer for this order.

I will be ordering from one of 3 different Swedish suppliers. I have been quoted 7000-8000 Sw. Kr as a unit price for SS 2343/2353/2348 material. (No idea how these materials differ.) Prices for 5 or more should definitely be lower. Currently the exchange rate is 9.1 Kr = 1 EUR, 13.6 Kr = 1 GBP.

If you want to see what they look like check out:

http://www.rstuning.nu/ and check out "Bildgalleria"

If you are interested shoot me an email at: rictan302@yahoo.com But be quick.

Im interested if you can get the price down enough. I would need a different flange for the turbo as i am going to use a GT30R. I could change this myself though.

Comment

I have asked for a quotation from all three suppliers by 5 May for quantities of atleast 5. The flanges will not be a problem, I know that already. I hope to be able to post a firm price on May 6 with preliminary delivery times.

Comment

First formal quote from RS Tuning:

The EM's are constructed of 42.4 mm tubing and have been tested on cars from 300 - 625 HP. The material is acid resistant SS but the flanges are "black steel" (my literal translation) He says the EMs should always be painted or chemically nickelplated. This is a new EM design and the tubes enter the collector in firing order.

Price for 5 is 7800 SEK/
        Price for 10 or more is 7400 SEK/
        Currently $1 = 7.6 SEK
        Freight and customs additional

You of course get to choose which flanges you want for your delivery. We have 5 committed buyers and possibly 2-3 more. 2-3 more buyers would give a price of 7400 SEK = £544 = €804

Email for pic. I can't seem to post pics on this forum.

Comment

Im still interested in one of these manifolds. Do these ones have the outlet for the wastgate? I will be using this in a UR Quattro, though I don’t think that matters, does it? I would like some pics, thanks, des.

Comment

Which country are these being made in, as presumably if inside the EU then there isnt customs duty that needs to be paid????

Is that the case?
            Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
            2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

they do look tasty!
              do you know how different the exaust fitting is and what sort of extra pipe work would be involved?
              Simon.
              S.P.S. TUNING
              '93 ABY S2.... sold
              me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Originally posted by S2 Ant
                Which country are these being made in, as presumably if inside the EU then there isnt customs duty that needs to be paid????

Is that the case?
                Made in Sweden. No customs for EU members.

Comment

Originally posted by sps-si
                  they do look tasty!
                  do you know how different the exaust fitting is and what sort of extra pipe work would be involved?
                  According to Ronnie who designed these and also makes custom exhausts, first you buy your EM and then you then you make your downpipe to suit the EM. He may be all wet but this is what he told me.

Comment

Things are moving very fast now. We have 5 sure buyers and 2 maybes. This puts the price at 7800 Swedish crowns. If we can get 10 sure buyers, the price will fall to 7400 Sw. Kr.

I asked for bids from 4 suppliers, 2 replied. TS had the best prices and looks to have the most professional work. The 5 buyers who are committed want the EM from TS Tuning so that is who we will chose.

According to TS, the EM will fit ANY I-5, 20V motor. The tubing is 42.4 mm and the EM has been tested on motors from 300 - 625 HP. The material is acid resistant, SS 2348. The design has been recently revised so the tubing attach to the collector in the firing order of the cylinders.

Here are the pics of the new EM

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421497860/0.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421497860/1.jpg

http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421497860/2.jpg

If you are interested, don't dally. The Americans (5+1) want as ever to move quickly so the order will go in shortly.

I will post a deadline shortly. Expect it to be in days rather than weeks.

Comment

3rd quote for EMs

Minutes before the deadline I received a third quote for EMs. Price 5500 SEK = 600 € !!! Slightly lower if we get 10. NOTE: not stainless steel.

These are from Hacke. Pics here.

http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nism...218cca164a.jpg
                      http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nism...218efd71a8.jpg
                      http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nism...95c332ffcb.jpg

The material is high pressure piping, blasted and TIG welded.

At this price, we are approaching RS2 EM prices.

Comment

The latest price sounds very very tempting!!!!
                        Im in need of a n ew EM before i can do any mods....

Just need to see what kind of difficultly there will be in getting a downpipe made to suit.

That price tho of 5500 SEK im def interested tho!!!

Thats £407 at current exchange rate!
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Thats £407 at current exchange rate!
                          oh dear i'm gonna have to rob my piggy bank!
                          Simon.
                          S.P.S. TUNING
                          '93 ABY S2.... sold
                          me thinks RR URQ next :mischeif:

Comment

Think i might just have to use some plastic cos i keep talking bout doing all these mods but never do it and you only live once so bout time it started happening
                            Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Originally posted by 91_S2
                              Minutes before the deadline I received a third quote for EMs. Price 5500 SEK = 600 ? !!! Slightly lower if we get 10. NOTE: not stainless steel.

These are from Hacke. Pics here.

http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nism...218cca164a.jpg
                              http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nism...218efd71a8.jpg
                              http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nism...95c332ffcb.jpg

The material is high pressure piping, blasted and TIG welded.

At this price, we are approaching RS2 EM prices.
                              I like the looks of that one! The price is quite nice as well.

One question. My research into turbo stuff indicates that the best angle for the wastgate is for it to be as close as possible to a perfect "Y", so that the gases can easily "choose" to either go through the turbo or the wastegate, while keeping velocity high.

Most of these headers have the wastegate at like a 90 degree angle to the flow toward the turbo. This last design even looks like the gases are forced to go backwards.

Isn't this a concern, especially for these high HP applications? Granted the stock WG maybe needs to be that way to point its outlet towards the rest of the exhaust, but if it's not optimal maybe a different wastegate could be used.

As for material, others have agreed with my hunch that stainless is more brittle. What are the drawbacks to using mild steel (non-stainless)? Are there any? I'm leaning towards not using stainless, because I'm paranoid about the thing breaking.

I like the looks of Hacke's header! Is that an equal flow design? If not, it at least looks closer to one than the others. Well, maybe cylinder 2 is a little shorter.
                              Kenneth
                              1990 Coupe quattro
                              1991 200q20v x 2
                              1985 4ksq 20vt project
                              1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                              2006 Honda Ridgeline
                              1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Working...
                              X