Possible GB silicon hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible GB silicon hoses

I am in contact, through a good friend at work with somebody that manufactures silicon hoses.
    He is alarmed at what we are paying for samcos and believes he may be able to supply much cheaper.
    To take this further I need drawings of all the water/boost hoses that are requiered.
    What would be better is an old set of standard hoses.

Basically he is usually supplied with a set of metal "formers" and builds the hoses around these. If we can get a set of these made we are laughing.

This very much in the planning stage but I think its worth pursuing.

Apparently (I need to confirm this) the guy produces batches FOR samco

Worth A look ?

let me know

cheers

rich
    sigpic
    "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
    BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
    1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
    2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Steady there, Paul (S2Central.net) already sells these on here, so I guess it would polite to have a chat with him before you set up a rival GB...

Just my 2p.

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'm not sure the world needs a 3rd set of tooling for silicone boost hoses on the S2/RS2 that are factory replacements... The tooling is the expensive bit anyway.

What might be of some value is a suitable hoses that work with popular monster turbo installs like GT28/30/35/40 - I dunno if the compressor inlest/outlet is same size across all that family but that might be worth pursuing... Again it will be expensive for the custom tooling.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Good Idea Paul

Like I said its just an idea, not trying to steel the samco thing from you
        To be honest I'm not looking at making out of it, you know a lot more than I do and I would be more than happy to give you his details if he is genuine.
        He basically works out of a small unit producing hoses to patterns for various people including samco. Apparently he dose the landrover hoses for them ?

I had a feeling the tooling would be expensive but it might be worth a look at for custom hoses.

Ill check him out. Maybe he can be of use to us, maybe not.

Ill let you know

cheers

rich
        sigpic
        "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
        BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
        1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
        2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Working...
        X