No announcement yet.

Short Shift Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes mate i must say it doesn't half transform the gear changes! Its really presice.... unlike my old unit!
    Was a '93 3B, Dont ask now tho......

Comment

Originally posted by Beetie
      Yes mate i must say it doesn't half transform the gear changes! Its really presice.... unlike my old unit!
      Fitted mine this morning i totally agree with the above,no slop at all.Pretty straight forward to fit as well,well it must've been i did it
      Rob W
      04 Audi S4 Avant
      55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
      92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
      1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W
        Fitted mine this morning i totally agree with the above,no slop at all.Pretty straight forward to fit as well,well it must've been i did it
        AND you had all the kit without needing to borrow any?!

Comment

AND you had all the kit without needing to borrow any?!
          Yeah good point all went swimmingly shame my oil change didnt go at all firkin sump nut would not budge and now lovely and round **** **** **** & and double ****
          Rob W
          04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Yeah good point all went swimmingly shame my oil change didnt go at all firkin sump nut would not budge and now lovely and round **** **** **** & and double ****
            Time to get one of them futomota drain valves or whatever there called!

Comment

Time to get one of them futomota drain valves or whatever there called!
              Well its funny you shoul say that i had one waiting to fit
              Rob W
              04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Well its funny you shoul say that i had one waiting to fit
                Or maybe not so funny Never mind it'll happen sooner than later now!

Comment

Or maybe not so funny Never mind it'll happen sooner than later now!
                  Yeah right after i put a drill to the feckin thing,anyways think ive hijacked this post far too much.
                  Rob W
                  04 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Again - I'm very happy everyone is so pleased with the product. The question above has already been answered, but I'll provide a touch more info - the 5-speed cars (80, 90, Coupe, S2-3b) have an internal lockout that requires you to select what I call "center neutral" at rest position in the center before you can engage reverse. The most likely way to "accidentally" engage reverse is to go from 5th to reverse like you had a 6-speed...try it and see what happens! Even with the car shut off and not moving, you can't pass from 5th directly to reverse. You have to return to rest first, then go for reverse.

Anyway, cheers and many thanks!
                    Richard
                    "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Comment

• Guys need a bit of help here.

Installed the shifter everything was going fine got the console back on, then realised that we had forgot to put the the shifter pivot sleeve on. So ripped everything back off.. tried to pull the shift fork back up so we could reconnect the shifter pivot. The DAMN shift fork broke . Now i need to know if this fork is a single part that can be replaced? I guess we need to work under the car to get to it?
                      Coupe

Comment

• mounted mine.. but got some problem geting the gears in
                        ABT C5 Lord Of The Rings
                        2004 1/4 Mile ET 12.00 191Km/h @1,5Bar
                        2009 1/4 Mile ET 11.92 213Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437WHp
                        2010 1/4 Mile ET 11.45 110Km/h @ 1,5Bar 437Whp
                        kostic.nu

Comment

• Quick Q for those who have fitted the SS. When in gear can u move the gear stick side to side, as if you were in neutral? Mine does this which is making gear changes a pain. i know the OEM one wouldnt move if it was in gear. Or is it a case of not installing it properly?
                          Coupe

Comment

• This sounds like a case of improper install to me. I think that you might have dropped the little bushing out of the bottom of the shift lever. This will result in a lot of slop in the linkage. Another option is that the nuts holding the plate down are too loose.

Also, I don't know if this helps you now ( a bit late) but the shift fork is replaceable separately - the whole arm is one part number and the little U-shaped junction with the shift lever is also available separately. The U-joint at the transmission is not available separately, at least in America

HTH
                            Richard
                            "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Comment

• ahh thanks, i will have a look.
                              Coupe

Comment

• I've not got any movement in mine!! It is as tight as a scot's man!! Feels very good. Think you must have done something wrong on the install.

Comment

Working...
                                X