Hacke EM Group Buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacke EM Group Buy

Ok Guys, im gonna try help out on this one....

How many people are intersted in getting there hands on one of these little beauties...
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Me Me Me! I am already involved in the group buy, buts its this manifold im interested in as long as it fits in a URQ 20v. Most of the emails seem to show that alot of the US folks want the RS tunning one. But I like the Hacke one.

Comment

Ant - I am sort of interested but I would like more info on it.

Are the flange faces machined flat after the welding?

Are support arms recommended for hanging the turbo, DP, and exhaust off it?

Who has used these manifolds and what power are they putting out?

Can we see any pictures of these manifolds installed in cars? I want to see what room is available around the manifold.

What is the leadtime?

Cheers
      S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

hold up peeps, ive gotta get information on them too, i'll be emailing people for further info and other ppl to speak with regarding information, fitting etc and will update here as soon as i can.
        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Ant

I fall into Doug's corner on this. I'm interested and sitting on the touchline in the dark shadows waiting to pounce... like a coiled slug!

Martyn
          Martyn
          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Yup im interested,again have a few questions of my own,you already know all that tho...
            Rob W
            04 Audi S4 Avant
            55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
            92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
            1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Originally posted by diesel des
              Me Me Me! I am already involved in the group buy, buts its this manifold im interested in as long as it fits in a URQ 20v. Most of the emails seem to show that alot of the US folks want the RS tunning one. But I like the Hacke one.
              Hi, I feel the same as you about the Hacke manifold. I think it looks a bit better, and I like the price. I don't think I'd want to pay more for the RS Tuning version, unless there were some defined benefits to doing so.

I don't know if I got the same impression from the emails that US folks are more interested in the RS Tuning one. I know there are outstanding questions being sent to them about their manifold, but I took that to be more like an effort to get all the information before committing, which I like.

I was mostly curious about whether the RS Tuning price would be lower than the Hacke price if non-stainless was being used. Apparently that's not the case, the Hacke is still cheapest. My remaining concern is about fitment in the T85 chassis (same as the urq).

If that doesn't make it clear, I prefer the Hacke right now.
              Kenneth
              1990 Coupe quattro
              1991 200q20v x 2
              1985 4ksq 20vt project
              1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
              2006 Honda Ridgeline
              1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Another potential supplier of EM

Don't mean to confuse things but does this manifold look any good?

http://www.centralvwaudi.com/tdi/turbomania.htm

HTH

David

Comment

Originally posted by Stick Insect
                  Don't mean to confuse things but does this manifold look any good?

http://www.centralvwaudi.com/tdi/turbomania.htm

HTH

David
                  It looks like it would do the job to me, but I like how the other ones are more compact. The runner length is sure pretty balanced in that one.
                  Kenneth
                  1990 Coupe quattro
                  1991 200q20v x 2
                  1985 4ksq 20vt project
                  1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                  2006 Honda Ridgeline
                  1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

I've emailed 91_S2 for contact info and any other info he has.

As soon as i'm able to put all your questions forward i will and try to get more pics / and answers to your questions.

You'll need to excuse my ignorance, so please make any questions clear

Also, Mihnea might be able to assist with any questions with his obvious knowledge etc
                    Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Are the flange faces machined flat after the
                      welding?

Yes, everything welded in a jig and the flanges are planed off after welding.

Are support arms recommended for hanging the turbo,
                      DP, and exhaust off it?
                      He recommends supports particularly if you have a large turbo.

Who has used these manifolds and what power are they
                      putting out?

Mostly Swedish guys. He was a little vague about numbers. An example power range is a guy with an RS2 turbo making about 350 HP. No probs. (I think I posted the tubing diameter he uses. Yes?)

Can we see any pictures of these manifolds installed
                      in cars? I want to see
                      what room is available around the manifold.

He will post pictures of installed units on the same site he has his other pics on. He has a couple that show how everything fits. He will do this ASAP.

What is the leadtime?

If we are talking 5-6 pieces, he would like to do all in one run and send them all at once. For this he says leadtime is 2 weeks from order. He wants 50% up front to buy material and 50% upon shipping.
                      Hope this helps,

Rich
                      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I may well be insterested to.... what would the final price be including everything, shipping etc etc??

Need to see some pictures too.
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                        Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

[IMG]http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nismo/img40995c332ffcb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nismo/img40ab19f40dced.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://200sx.kicks-***.net/miss_nismo/img40ab19cc2b1ac.jpg[/IMG]
                          Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I don't think I will go with this Ant - I need something that has been proven at 500+bhp, not 350bhp.
                            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
                              I don't think I will go with this Ant - I need something that has been proven at 500+bhp, not 350bhp.
                              500BHP+ I wish I could say the same!!!!!!!! Just to have mine running would do me for now!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X