• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell that was quick - hoses arrived

Cheers Paul
    '94 ABY

Comment

So when is the next batch in? end of october?
      ABY Coupe
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bob69
        Bloody hell that was quick - hoses arrived

Cheers Paul
        Mine too
        Thank you Paul - cheque for delivery is in the post.

Comment

recived my smaco's this morn - many thanks for ur efforts Paul,
          regards
          imster.

Comment

Originally posted by imster
            recived my smaco's this morn - many thanks for ur efforts Paul,
            regards
            imster.
            got mine too, but i ordered blue, and i got black
            Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
            Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
            Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
            Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
            Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

must have been your set on ebay then !

ooops !
              DAVIDP20V - 95' Polar Silver RS2 standard 315 bhp, forge diverter valve, Mark H mod and boost gauge..... and shes for sale.

Comment

Doh
                sigpic
                Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                Audi UR Quattro
                Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Originally posted by audiman
                  Doh
                  i know, a bit wierd how there are 2 spare sets of blue ones and i get the black ones. on top of the £1800 i have just had to pay out, its not been a good day.
                  Tim

Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Tim,

Yeah thanks for sharing one stupid mistake with everyone. I PM'd you about this already. I did not sell *your* blue set by accident - I always had you down for a black set on the master list. That was probably my goof for which I apologise.

Please read your PM and you should find a way to source another Blue set, within the forum, if you are quick !

Paul
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net
                      Tim,

Yeah thanks for sharing one stupid mistake with everyone. I PM'd you about this already. I did not sell *your* blue set by accident - I always had you down for a black set on the master list. That was probably my goof for which I apologise.

Please read your PM and you should find a way to source another Blue set, within the forum, if you are quick !

Paul
                      Paul, I was not having a go at you, believe me. I was just sharing what a bad say i had had with the large S2 repair bill and then the wrong Samco colour. TBH on any other day i would not even have mentioned it as the colour was not a huge issue for me. I understand the effort you put in to this group buy.
                      I have PM'd DTM S2 as you suggested.
                      Have a good day.
                      Tim
                      Tim

Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2
                        Firstly, thanks Paul for organising, sorting and everything else. Got mine now... Mmmmm shiney.

Secondly... I guess I'm not the only one going to be buying hose clips for their new hoses. So...
                        Am I correct in thinking and measurement (sizes kinda approximate) that those needed are:
                        1 x 14mm
                        1 x 25mm
                        1 x 27mm
                        4 x 32mm
                        2 x 58mm
                        4 x 68mm
                        1 x 81mm
                        1 x 89mm
                        Would someone (maybe someone who had a set from batch 1 and so has already had to go get hose clips) confirm that this is right? (Or if it's wrong, correct it!)

Does anyone have recommendations for any particular clips? (maybe Mikalor, ABA, Revotec, or something entirely generic. I'm sure there's others, I was looking here and couldn't be bothered to look further.)

At this point, with batches 2 and 3 making their way through the post, would it be a good time to do a Group Purchase of hose clips? Mikalor (for example) do discounts for larger numbers... (New thread required if this does become a Group Purchase!)

Cheers,

Ck.
                        Can anybody answer whether these clip sizes are correct as i want to put my samco's on this weekend? and can somebody confirm that this is all i need to buy to enable me to do this job apart from the necessary tools of course
                        Tim

Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant95M
                          Can anybody answer whether these clip sizes are correct as i want to put my samco's on this weekend? and can somebody confirm that this is all i need to buy to enable me to do this job apart from the necessary tools of course
                          This thread has the list of the tools and instructions.
                          I should clarify that those measurements were taken with the hoses loose - i.e. without being fitted to anything. Fitting them is likely to make the hose outside diameter measurement (without being compressed by any clip) a mm or two larger since the pipe the hoses are fitted over will expand the hose a tad.
                          Some of the available hose clips have quite a large size range, so getting clips which cover +-5mm of the measurements probably won't cause problems. Some however (some of the higher spec ones e.g. Mikalor) have a range of just a couple of mm, so getting it right would be good.
                          Confirmation of the sizes would be good for me too!
                          Ck.
                          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Originally posted by curlyks2
                            This thread has the list of the tools and instructions.
                            I should clarify that those measurements were taken with the hoses loose - i.e. without being fitted to anything. Fitting them is likely to make the hose outside diameter measurement (without being compressed by any clip) a mm or two larger since the pipe the hoses are fitted over will expand the hose a tad.
                            Some of the available hose clips have quite a large size range, so getting clips which cover +-5mm of the measurements probably won't cause problems. Some however (some of the higher spec ones e.g. Mikalor) have a range of just a couple of mm, so getting it right would be good.
                            Confirmation of the sizes would be good for me too!
                            Ck.
                            thanks, yes i know that thread. i was just really trying to confirm what i need to buy in addition to the hoses...thanks for the info m8.

anyone know about the clips for sure?
                            Tim

Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

should i have one of those 25mm hose joiners that paul mentioned? what are they for?
                              Tim

Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Tim - you *should* (please God) have such a 25mm hose joiner already bunged in the hose which links turbo output to the intercooler. I counted them all in and I counted them all out with every kit getting a coupler. Let me know if yours was omitted, but it really *should* be there OK - I have some spare ones if you need it posted today.

Paul
                                Paul Nugent
                                Webmaster http://S2central.net
                                Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                                2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                                2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                                X