Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipercross Panel Filter Group Buy

Hi peeps,

Following my recent purchase of a Pipercross panel filter in thread: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...094#post729094

I have negotiated a deal with them temporarily at cost price for S2Forum members. This part fits both the S2 and RS2 standard airbox and here are the details from Pipercross' website: http://www.pipercross.net/panel_filt...&m2=43&app=152

If you contact me for details or to purchase and I will organise for you. Prices are £26.00 inc VAT each plus delivery depending on your location.

Many thanks
    Yaz
    1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
    1993 Audi Cab 2.3
    1995 Audi URS6 Avant
    1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
    2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
    2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Do these need oiling or are they a dry fit? May well be interested.

Cheers,

Steve
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

K&N filters

A buddy of mine did a college project on aftermarket air filtration a few years ago and from what I can remember K&N won hands down. Although I don't want to poo poo other makes of filters I would rather go with whatever works for the "big boys".
      As far as I remember out of the box Pipercross filters work fine on Cossies and other non MAF motors but they were "too oily" for engines under AFM or MAF motors. (Sponge vs. pleated cotton),
      I am no expert on this topic so Y'all feel free to advise. Ill just stick to a reliable OE filter for the mo, breathing in cold air from where Audi designed it to.

Comment

Originally posted by 5cylinderman View Post
        A buddy of mine did a college project on aftermarket air filtration a few years ago and from what I can remember K&N won hands down. Although I don't want to poo poo other makes of filters I would rather go with whatever works for the "big boys". As far as I remember out of the box Pipercross filters work fine on Cossies and other non MAF motors but they were "too oily" for engines under AFM or MAF motors. (Sponge vs. pleated cotton), I am no expert on this topic so Y'all feel free to advise. Ill just stick to a reliable OE filter for the mo, breathing in cold air from where Audi designed it to.
        Over here in NAmerica, we have been through the K&N fad and, after reflection and testing, we like the OE paper filters better: They flow as well as the K&N, trap more particulates, make less intake noise and eliminate the issue of oil getting on the MAF wire and gumming things up.

You might want to read this: http://12v.org/audi/afcompare/

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I took the cabrio to work today and there's two tunnels on the M25 that I go through, you should've heard the noise it made. Miles of smiles!

I know everyone will have their own take on aftermarket mods like this, but it's personal preference. I've been using filters like this for over 15 years now and have never come across any problems.
          And just to add, I have never fitted an aftermarket air filter to improve performance, just purely for the sound!

I will say though that the cabrio does feel more responsive and spritely since fitting the filter and I'm not imagining it.
          1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
          1993 Audi Cab 2.3
          1995 Audi URS6 Avant
          1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
          2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
          2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

Working...
          X