ABY Samco hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABY Samco hoses

Paul, tried a PM. What is the latest on availability please? Cheers James.

Any word????
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Latest word (from last week) is that tooling is under way for the sample set. I hope to get the guy on the phone this week for a progress report.

Cracks me up this has taken so long... but rest assured I haven't left the country with everyone's hard earned deposits

Availability will be 4-6 weeks AFTER we approve the sample set on a trial fit AND receive all the funds for each set to make the batch up.

Cheers,

Paul
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Latest greatest news from the man at Samco is as follows -

Three of the four tools have now been manufactured and the 4th is expected no later than next week. Samco will build the first sample set next week, so we should have the full sample set available by October 17th.

Jim & I will test the fit on his car ASAP, then I can start collecting remaining funds to get the group set built. That should be a 4 week lead time if all goes to plan.

Please don't send any more money until we verify the sample set is fit for purpose !

Seemingly the delays to date have been caused by the tooling company as they have prioritised various jobs wrongly and taken much longer than normal. That's Samco's excuse anyway, but the guy sounded genuine enough and was confident he'd be calling me next week to tell me the sample set was complete (subject to the last tool arriving in time).

Cheers,

Paul
        Paul Nugent

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

will these hoses fit my s4 1992? or even cheaper!!!! does any body have a spare michelin hose (thats the one that goes from the turbo to the intercooler that is bigger one side than the other and looks like it hasbulges in it) for sale as ive just caught mine on a kerb and now im getting no boost and the cars running like a bag of s**t bit unlucky really as im not sure if ill be going to castl combe now cars a?
          please help!
          thanks

Comment

cossykiller,

Try SFS Performance for hoses.

Link

You will have to make it up yourself but they stock lots of different sizes and metal t-pieces. Go and measure all the diameters of the hoses and see which hoses will make it up.

I'm doing something similar for my car just now - for the turbo to intercooler hose - Is yours like this:
            Attached Files
            S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

yea i think so but i havnt taken them off the car yet as the 1 hose only split last night, i tried to put self amalgamateing tape around it but the boost peireced a hole in it striaght away
              im hoping to find some help at castle combe this weekend.
              i have emailed sfs about the hoses and will wait and see if they contact me back i guess.
              but for now im just gonner have to go for the audi hose, get the car back on the road and wait for the silicone ones to turn up.
              thanks for your reply, oh will you be going to castle combe?
              cheers again dave

Comment

Best to phone SFS as they are a few days behind on emails.

I hoping to be at CC.
                S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

ok will do thanks hope to see you there then, cheers dave

Comment

Samco already have a turbo hose kit for the S4 AAN engine. Tisn't cheap but it is available from the usual suppliers. However for a one-off I agree that SFS is worth a try, though I'd check with VAGparts.com on a price for a stock one first.

Paul
                    Paul Nugent

Comment

Dave at SFS

http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/motorsport-main.htm

is so helpfull you would think hes known you for years and its a mate your dealing with!! they have done a kit for the USA market s4 on a 1992 shape audi but not for us yet, however after i explained what the hose looked like he went away found one from the USA kit and said WELL IVE GOT THIS ONE I'LL SEND IT TO YOU AND TRY IT!!!!!!!! when i said how much he replied with THATS OK WELL SEE IF IT FITS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!! as you can imagine i was gob smacked totaly 100% stuned and thought he was pulling me leg, then after we were talking for a while he said he has got an old set of silicone hoses laying around and is going to post these to me to see if they will fit!! also im going to send my full set of water pipes to him and he will use them as a pattern to make a water kit as well.
                      and they will take about a week if hes pushed and they arnt to complicated or 2 weeks if he takes his time and they are a nightmare to copy!!!!!
                      hows that for service?
                      as for prices he 100% says that they will be cheaper than sa**cos and he will even do a one off hose in any shape!!!!!!well ive never EVER had SERVICE or any thing like that have you?

Comment

cossykiller: Well I've meet such a service once. I was buying chromed wheels from USA. "Ronal". And I was told that it will take min 3 weeks to chrome them as they dissasamble them and send to the factory , but a manager was so helpful and nice that eventualy everything was done in 5 DAYS !!! I didn't mention that a chrome factory is 400km away from their warehouse !

Well good service do exist !

Cossy let us know about aprox price for the water kit.

Cheers,
                        Vadim.
                        Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

yea i will do and he said that a group buy is the best for us and him
                          hope to meet at castle combe tomorrow then i guess
                          cheers dave

Comment

LATEST NEWS -

The sample set of ABY hoses from Samco is in the post. I hope to have them before the weekend

Will advise results of trial fit as and when this gets arranged with Jim Slevin and his blue beasty...

Finally
                            Paul Nugent

Comment

I hope everything goes OK. I need an excuse to find my air leak and if I can have a set of these then that's the excuse
                              Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Working...
                              X