Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Downpipe GP

Hello All,

Would anyone here be interested in one of Marco's 3" Custom made Downpipes?

They will be made without the integrated wastegate pipe, but the flange for the wastegate will be provided so that a separate pipe can be made "A la Mark H"

Marco needs several confirmed people to be interested in this as he needs to order the required bits and pieces.

Also they wont be made immediately, so forward planning would be a good thing here as you may have a bit of a wait til you receive them.

Others on here can verify the quality and fit of them.
    If you can post below if interested.

Marco can you please confirm a cost for these

Please try keep general chit chat etc off the thread to make it easier to read.

Cheers Guys.
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Would 70mm be also available and what would the price be, about figure?

No hurry, but I'd need one.
    -

Comment

Well guys, as I already told some of you, I unfortunatly don't have so much time lately, so I actually wasn't so keen on trowing myself into the building of the pipes again. But I know the downpipe stuff is not a job exhaust aftermarket shops have the will of doing for resonable money..... and probably not even making it "the right way" ..... (quite complex, actually, not having a "template" or the car on ramps partially stripped down for the whole day), so I've finally accepted Ant's proposal on exploring eventual interest of others, for being able to offer them at a fair price.

I can make both 70mm OD or 76 OD ones (2.75" or 3") at same conditions, all in 304 SS.
      They will feature short cone section from turbine outlet to final tubing size, for max efficiency and least turbulance possible; OEM fitting to any 3B-ABY-ADU setup; Lambda boss in ~OEM position. If needed I can weld an additional SS nut for EGT probe fitting. You tell me the thread size and I'll try to find it. Problem is I will probably only source them in International System size (not Imperial). I will provide the SS WG flange for custom fitting or separate WG duct. I'm not a pro-welder, and I have a "stick" welder available, so the welds will not look as nice and thiny as if TIG welded. But they will be strong and reliable while, most important, all the pipe couplings will be carefully smoothed out on the inside.

At the actual costs I have (need to check with the machineshop who lasercuts the flanges, once a number of pieces is more or less figured out) I think I could manage them at around 180 Euros each + shipping, for a minimum of 4-5 pipes.
      I'm aware I'm not in the position to get the best prices from the machineshop which lasercuts the flanges, nor from the SS supplyer, so a consistent part of the cost is due to those expenses. I also have to take a minimum of flange number (making only 1 or 2 would cost about the same as making 7 or 8, actually).

Maybe someone here has the tooling equipment for doing the job at a better price (expecially 'cause of the flange machining issue), so if anyone else is interested in offering this item at the community I really have no problem in giving all my support and infos:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3749

Ciao

Marco

p.s. following is the picture of one 70mm downpipe (separate WG ducting, as the ones we are talking about here)
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Count me in for a 70mm if the price is that.
          -

Comment

Very nice initiative.....
            Audi RS4 LO550

BTG 8:08

www.fredslunds.dk

Comment

Marco,

Maybe, If you provide have the right info for me, I can also ask some prices!. I do a lot of outsourcing in China and Eastern Europe. We have several companies which can do excellent jobs on welding SS. For very good prices!

Do you have a sample available?
              Getting everything sorted out for my 5++ hp project

Comment

Any possibility of downpipes with WG piping? Perhaps with the WG pipe joining a bit further downstream than OEM? I'd be interested in a 76 mm one.
                Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Markus, the flange for the wastegate pipe is provided, you will just need to get the pipe made up, so you can have it go where ever you want it to, but the downpipe will be supplied as above without entry to the DP are tubing for this.... There is no harm in it joining the exhaust further along after the DP or even running a pipe all the way to the rear of the car.
                  Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I'm interested in one

Comment

Erik, if you look in the How To Section, Marco posted info on the construction of the downpipe including dimensions, see if that is of help to you
                      Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3749
                        Ant

2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

@ErikB

Offtopic

How does it go with those Short intake manifolds?
                          Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

Ok. Integrated WG pipe or not, count me in.
                            Markus

'94 Kristallsilber-metallic S2 Avant.

Comment

Does anyone know if these would fit a 200q20v? For example, are the stock downpipes different between S2's and my car?

I'd probably want one, or if it wouldn't fit maybe I could help by buying a set of flanges.
                              Kenneth
                              1990 Coupe quattro
                              1991 200q20v x 2
                              1985 4ksq 20vt project
                              1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
                              2006 Honda Ridgeline
                              1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Working...
                              X