Audi C4 S4 extra front caster ARB mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi C4 S4 extra front caster ARB mounts

This was after hours additional project for our car. After posting one of the pictures we got people asking to sell the part to them. They are the ARB mounts for front of Audi C4 S4 S6 UrS4 UrS6 that move the anti-roll bar 10 mm to the front of the car.

Some of the benefits are:
    - it increases caster angle for better handling
    - wideness the car axes by 10 mm

Made form 7075 anodized silver aluminium. Will work with 28 mm ARB bushes.

----------
    21/10/2015 addition.

The price would be 299 euro for set for one car.

It is very quite expensive but it is also very complex design to make. Also it would be made out of expensive but very strong aluminium 7075 and anodized in silver.

I would need to have 5 sets ordered to make the run.

Last edited by Albert; 21 October 2015, 08:07.
    AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Albert am i missing something? Moving the ARB will not have effect on caster angle? and it wont change the track width?
    Chef

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
      Some of the benefits are:
      - it increases caster angle for better handling
      - wideness the car axes by 10 mm
      It is won't change the track width.
      AKmotorsport.net - Manufacturing Motorsport parts that do the job. | Audi S2 on Facebook | Best way of reaching me is sending email to albert@akmotorsport.net

Comment

I do not know about widening the track width but these will give more caster to the front suspension geometry. On a C4 chassis the anti-roll bar acts as a suspension locating link. The ARB will be pulled forward & thus pull the outer end of the lower control arm with it. This moves the lower ball joint forward giving more caster to the front suspension geometry. It also appears to mount the front of the anti-roll bar lower. This will tend to lessen front end dive under braking. I had a similar product on my RX3SP way back when. With more caster it helped to plant the tire in a turn.
        I will have a set along with the C4 rear suspension bushings when available.
        Chris
        "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

There will definitely be more castor but from my observations Albert is talking about increasing the wheelbase by 10mm not the front track width.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
            Albert am i missing something? Moving the ARB will not have effect on caster angle? and it wont change the track width?
            C4 Front ARB is also the front suspension arm

Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
            Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              There will definitely be more castor but from my observations Albert is talking about increasing the wheelbase by 10mm not the front track width.
              Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by andy10v View Post
                C4 Front ARB is also the front suspension arm

Thanks Andy

Makes sense now! That's a terrible design!!!

As you were Albert keep up the good work!
                Chef

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                  Thanks Andy

Makes sense now! That's a terrible design!!!

As you were Albert keep up the good work!

Nothing particularly wrong with the Macpherson strut on the A6 C4.It's the same front macpherson design as the Sierra Cosworths and BMW E30 and E30 M3.The track success both those cars enjoyed in the 80's touring car championships would indicate not such a terrible design after all.
                  94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Nothing particularly wrong with the Macpherson strut on the A6 C4.It's the same front macpherson design as the Sierra Cosworths and BMW E30 and E30 M3.The track success both those cars enjoyed in the 80's touring car championships would indicate not such a terrible design after all.
                    Wish bone on the E30 is joined to the chassis in two places not one like this has shown. And yes it's a much better out of the box chassis than any Audi.

Pretty sure the cosworth is the same. Using the roll bar which is a massive bend moment any way is terrible. Sorry.

Even the 80 supertouring Audis used a single compression arm, but you don't use the roll bar if you want the car to preform around a track.
                    Chef

Comment

Hi Albert,

Great work, glad it is now explained for all.

I'd like a set, price is not the overarching factor for me as your parts are very reasonable.

Also I want to be able to move my UrS6 front wheels forward, not only to increase the castor while still retaining the oem top mounts for comfort, but also to stop my 255/35/18 tyres with wheel spacers from rubbing on the rear of the front wheel arches on full lock.

Consider making the brackets and bushes in black to make them somewhat more oem looking for MOTs etc.

Thanks.

Comment

Albert count me in.

Comment

I'm interested too. I'm using Thomas's top mounts which gave memore caster and the car was transformed. So maybe more caster will help again.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Reading diesel des's comments make me want to give this transformation a go. Count me in Albert.
                            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Reading diesel des's comments make me want to give this transformation a go. Count me in Albert.
                              Adding more castor is the single best thing I have done to the suspension on my urs4 and I have replaced all the bushes and have tried 3 different damper manufactures.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                              X