Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I5 Alternator turnbuckle adjusters

Good morning chaps.

Following on from posting a picture of the turnbuckle I made and fitted to my ABY I've had a request for a group buy. Picture is attached.

I'm ok with making some but as per a lot of these things, it's only worth me doing if I have the orders etc and do it as a batch.

My one is painted to reduce costs but if I'm sending these out I will be chemically blackening them as it is a better finish and won't chip as soon as you put a spanner on it like my painted one.

There are two options on the rod ends. I have used the economy rod ends which should be more than suitable for the job but there are premium rod ends available which you would use on race car suspension etc where the forces and tolerance etc needs to be tighter.

The fit on my car is great, although mine is a little long so I will tweak the length for the batch to make sure it all goes together well, It does make adjusting the belt a lot easier and looks better than the factory item which if you have deleted the aux rad is a nice touch.

So the money bit. I'm never going to make my first million on these but to make it worth my while they will need to be priced as follows. The batch mainly refers to the turnbuckle bit so I can produce a mixture of economy and premium rod end kits.

Batch of less <5 £45 with economy ends and £50 with premium.
    Batch of >5 up to 10 £35 with economy ends and £45 with premium.
    Batch of >10 £30 with economy ends and £35 with premium.

This is purely down to setting up lathes to turn stuff and getting the welding done and setting up the chemical black etc.

That is the UK mainland posted price, I will post internationally but will need to get a quote depending on where you are.

Once we hit a number I think it will be a couple of weeks to get the bits and get them all made up but as interest does or doesn't grow I can start to get a better idea of timings.

What do you think?

Before people ask I don't know beyond an ABY which other engines have the same length or type of adjuster.
    Attached Files

Im in premium end shipped to Finland
    Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

Good work put me down for one

Comment

Ahem. Nice idea that. Don't forget to add my percentage
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment