Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID group buy

Guys,

I am about to commit to a massive purchase order with my HID kit manufacturer. The order is seriously large, so to help us with the costs of doing this, I'm doing group buys on a few forums to try to pre-sell as many kits as I can. Needless to say the benefit of buying in large quantity means I can get the costs down from them!

I'm commiting to 100 kits! so I can pass on the savings from this to the club which in turn also helps us!

Price is everything I know! so here they are:

H1 kits will be £240+ vat, delivery to a UK mainland address is £6 by recorded Royal mail. Southern Ireland and the world, I'll have to price individualy.

H4 bi-xenon kits will be £285+vat. I've not fitted a H4 kit to a non ellipsoid S2 yet but I don't expect any issues at all. With the H4 kit, there is an electronic device to switch from low to high beam built into the base of the bulb. This is 7cm long so we need to make sure there is a 7cm gap between the base of the H4 bulb and the inside of the black bulb cover. If there isn't 7cm, then a hole will need to be made for this to come through. The H4 bi-xenons put out a huge amount of light on the road!

Most of the club members have seen the kit working on my S2 and there is a fitting guide for the S2 Ellipsoids on our website. It's very easy to fit!

Thanks for reading this far!! please drop me a PM or e-mail to let me know if you'd like to have a kit.

Many thanks!
    Martyn
    Martyn
    -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

You b4st4rd (twice in one day ) - this is too tempting

Do the ballasts have to be close to the bulb? I have hoses right behind(touching) the offside headlight?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

What rating are these kits? as in the bulb strength? 6500k i'm guessing??? higher or lower?
      Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
      2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Sorry Doug... bad timing... still.. it won't be for at least four weeks! to answer your question, both ballasts are fitted behind the left hand headlamp! :-). Then run the wiring across the x member using the factory cable ties already there to the right hand lamp, easy!

The H1 bulbs for the ellipsoid lamps are 6,500k :-) any higher and the output is way too blue!! I've got the 6,500k bulbs on mine which you can see on our site.

Thanks guys!
        Martyn
        Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

You sod, you know that I want one of those kits so badly. And I have no money to pay for it

Heres the deal. I will pay you £5 a month, or less if you prefer. Howz about giving me an H4 one to trial fit as a giunea pig car?? I will take pics and everything!! Go on, you know you want to. Or i can let you fit it!?
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

audiman: you defently have a sense of humor ! .

I can give a J6 a month . Anyway Martyn , is there possibility to order 8000 or 8500K bulbs ??? If yes , for how much additional? I'm talking about bi-xenons. I'm just love the blue color. The way new MB and A8 shines !

Thanks.
            Vadim.

New engine (mechanical PKM head) , Alcon 332mm brakes , Pauter rods , Mahle pistons, GT30R , kw v2 sucpension , new exhaust. 608HP. For SALE !

Comment

Martyn, put me down for one Bi-Xenon kit. What does the beam pattern look like, through the non - clear side of the ABY / ADU headlamp lens? Not really bothered though, as I may have either the late clear perspex lens from the type 8D A4 modified to fit, or have one made from scratch with suitable reflectors.

Comment

Tom, tell you what, come to my garage and I'll fit it for you! yes?? ;-)

Sienna, the beam pattern is bright, very bright

Yes, 8,000K bulb can be done in H1 and H7, 10,000K as well if you really want PURPLE!! but I'd have to check on bi-xenon H4's. We only do bi-xenon in H4 currently.

Martyn
                Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

What is the BiXenon - is this for the elipsoid headlights for the main beam?

I thought we couldn't get the dipped an main beam to work as it would take to long to ignite if you need to flash your lights?

Comment

Martyn,

What kind of effect do these HID's give, Are they like the S3 lights?

If they are, then Im down. But it'll have to be next month cos, Im dead broke this month ( I just got paid!!!!!)

PS, If I throw u some $$$ would u fit em

PPS, WOW avatar worked Coool!
                    Last edited by AbsS2; 24 October 2003, 18:20.
                    Coupe

Comment

Sorry to appear dim (no pun intended) but could you please explain what the two kits comprise of as I am keen (shame the wifes not )

Comment

Hi Martyn, i would love some nice 8000k ones but i am getting my brakes this month (definate priority). What K rating are the new rangerovers as theres are like driving in daylight , but alas with xmas coming on i cant afford it. . Sorry Martyn, if i had the cash i'd help.
                        Graham
                        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

am quite keen but need new light s to how much were they and wot total be for lights and hid kit
                          skint but fast

Comment

Originally posted by madshad
                            am quite keen but need new light s to how much were they and wot total be for lights and hid kit
                            I know I've had a few tonight, but how much have you had Sharon?

Comment

Doug, Bi-xenon is only on the H4's which you and I don't have. The early non ellipsoid S2's have H4 low and high beam all in the one bulb, so thats how come they get bi-xenon. The H4 bulb is always lit up, the electronics just move the beam up for high beam!

We cannot get high beams as we have seperate low beam bulb to high beam bulb.

ABS, yes they look better than the S3 ones!! see the pictures on the S2 fitting page on my site! And yes! I can fit them for you!! takes about an hour and 15 minutes.

The kit contains: two H1 6,500k xenon bulbs, two ballast/ ignitors, mounting brackets and wiring. Screw the ballasts down, run the cables, fit the bulbs and plug them in! I've got photo's of all the parts in the kit on my S2 fitting page on my site http://www.vagparts.com/pages/H1_install.htm

Hi Graham, I can get you 8,000k ones, but I advise against it!! they are too blue in my opinion! the range rover ones are 5,600K, ours are 6,500k which is as blue as you want to go for everyday use in this country. No worries Graham! I understand the brake problem all too well!

Sharon, I cannot rememebr if you have the ellipsoid headlamps or not??? let me know...

Thanks everyone! :-)
                              Martyn
                              Martyn

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X