Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K26/K27 MAF to Turbo hose

Hi,

Posted in one of the threads that i will be getting a custom hose/t piece made up to fit the K26/K27 turbo i have onto the standard airbox.

There were a few people interested in this so if you can post your interest here i can get an idea of how many we should be able to get together.

there are two choices at min depending on how difficult it is for me to make the tooling for the pipe.

1. Full pipe so 70mm inlet for tubo with t's off for the WGFV and DV but not the breather, finishing with the correct diameter for the MAF.

2. Use 90 degree pipes on the MAF and turbo and have a custom centre T Piece with pipe's for DV and the WGFV.

I would prefer to do number one but like i say it depends how difficult it is for me to design and make the tooling for it.

an estimate for pipe 2's centre section is about £35 for a single pipe, with more the price should drop.

Greg
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Just been over to SFS in luton to find out about getting a new inlet hose made up.

There was a bit of interest in this before but need to get an idea of how many people would want one?

Basically SFS are gonna price it up to produce the MAF to turbo hose. Since the group buy already been done with samco its not worth them making a full kit.

The advantage with SFS is they will be able to change the turbo inlet diameter depending on what turbo you have installed.

so who's interested?
    Greg

Comment

Looks like this one is a non starter. still trying my luck with samco instead
      Greg

Comment

Greg - I think it will be tricky for Samco or anyone to guesstimate such a hose. The ones they made for us so far are beautiful replicas of existing hoses. It would be worth while you fabricating a suitably shaped hose that they can copy.

Another thing - I would keep the T in the MAF hose for the breather application as its VERY easy to block it off if its unwanted, but VERY hard to add it if you wanna retain the breather hose (with or without a catch-tank).

Cheers,

Paul
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Paul,

Already got that one covered, ordering up one of those aluminium bungs to go in the breather hole.

As for the pipe i want the same pipe but with the turbo end 70mm. When i was talking to SFS the other day they didnt think it would be difficult to build the mould up to that size so the ID would be right.

fingers crossed samco can do it too, if they can will be after set of hoses with the modded one.
          Greg

Comment

Working...
          X