GB custom s2 hats 996monos+993tt rings+rs2 OEM brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB custom s2 hats 996monos+993tt rings+rs2 OEM brackets

Hey guys. I have asked Billzcat1 ( Richard Hoffman ) to do a custom hat setup for my brake preference. These are the compatible parts for this setup. You have the opportunity to use OEM RS2 brackets only with 993tt rotor rings with 996 monoblock calipers and all fit together with a Billzcat custom hat.

The reason this setup is different than most others is because I want to use OEM RS2 brackets and not customs. If you would like to run the same setup you can get in touch with me.

Note: Will fit 5x112 Audi Coupe ONLY, this custom hat setup is made to accomodate the RS2 bracket only hence it will not work for any other bracket currently available.

Parts:

Porsche 993tt rotor rings $180.00each
    Porsche 996 monoblock calipers $361.00each
    Billzcat1 custom hat $ depends on group buy success
    Audi RS2 OEM brackets $ VAG or other retailers

1 person the pair is = $1000.
    4 people the pair is = $700.
    More people = $ Cheaper

Richard is only offering for sale the custom hats but you can buy rotor rings, calipers, and custom brackets from him aswell if needed. He does not source the RS2 OEM brackets please be aware of that. He has informed me that he will ship to UK and possibly the rest of Europe.

email: rs2coupe@yahoo.com

more info visit: www.billzcat1.com
    Cheers mis amigos,
    _Anton

Originally posted by rs2coupe
    Hey guys. I have asked Billzcat1 ( Richard Hoffman ) to do a custom hat setup for my brake preference. These are the compatible parts for this setup. You have the opportunity to use OEM RS2 brackets only with 993tt rotor rings with 996 monoblock calipers and all fit together with a Billzcat custom hat.

The reason this setup is different than most others is because I want to use OEM RS2 brackets and not customs. If you would like to run the same setup you can get in touch with me.

Note: Will fit 5x112 Audi Coupe ONLY, this custom hat setup is made to accomodate the RS2 bracket only hence it will not work for any other bracket currently available.

Parts:

Porsche 993tt rotor rings $180.00each
    Porsche 996 monoblock calipers $361.00each
    Billzcat1 custom hat $ depends on group buy success
    Audi RS2 OEM brackets $ VAG or other retailers

1 person the pair is = $1000.
    More people = $ Cheaper

Richard is only offering for sale the custom hats but you can buy rotor rings, calipers, and custom brackets from him aswell if needed. He does not source the RS2 OEM brackets please be aware of that. He has informed me that he will ship to UK and possibly the rest of Europe.

email: rs2coupe@yahoo.com

more info visit: www.billzcat1.com
    Hi,

Okay, so what you are offering are the hats only, right? For $<700-1000 a pair?

I am just curious about the other prices from his website. It lists one-off hats as being $600/pair. I would expect a group buy price to be cheaper than a one-off price. Please 'splain.

http://www.billzcat1.com/components.html
    Originally posted by www.billzcat1.com
    Some pricing:
    Rotor hats: $450/pair
    Rotor hats (one off, new design): $600/pair
    Porsche brackets (existing design): $200/pair
    Porsche brackets (new design): $250/pair
    Hat/bracket package: $600/pair
    Kenneth
    1990 Coupe quattro
    1991 200q20v x 2
    1985 4ksq 20vt project
    1986 Coupe GT 10vt project
    2006 Honda Ridgeline
    1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

If all the "parts" are included.... Then it's a pretty fair price. Wonder if the 996's come in red or is it just black??

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
        If all the "parts" are included.... Then it's a pretty fair price. Wonder if the 996's come in red or is it just black??
        That's what I'm wondering, which parts are included.

It's not rotor rings:
        "Porsche 993tt rotor rings $180.00each"
        Or calipers:
        "Porsche 996 monoblock calipers $361.00each"
        Or brackets:
        "Audi RS2 OEM brackets $ VAG or other retailers"

It seems like it is hats:
        "Billzcat1 custom hat $ depends on group buy success"
        "1 person the pair is = $1000.
        More people = $ Cheaper"

Furthermore, I just read a post on Motorgeek where he's offering hats AND brackets for $500(edit) with the MG forum member $100 discount.

http://www.motorgeek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4551

Originally posted by billzcat1
        Josh - I stopped selling complete kits because it seemed no one wanted them as kits, just as parts. I sell a set of hats/brackets for $500 (motorgeek $100 discount) which uses a 12.7" 2-piece rotor (sourced from Porsche 993 twin turbo) and your choice of a 996 carrera caliper or a 996 twin turbo caliper. There's also the kit I am making for Marc P that uses 996 carrera rear calipers atop a 12.2" wilwood rotor - this is a bit smaller, cheaper, and fits under 16s. It's not finished yet (just waiting on anodizing) and then we'll see how Marc likes it before I make a decision to produce this as a regular kit.

There are more OEM big-rotor options for 5x112mm such as the A8, Euro-A8, S8, etc that can be redrilled for 4x108 and then I have a bracket design to use any of these with an appropriate caliper, usually the 996 Carrera (very versatile)
        All I'm asking is why those things are different, as they seem like they are referring to the same thing. Is it because 5x112mm instead of 4x108mm or something?
        Last edited by auditude; 26 May 2005, 06:23.
        Kenneth
        1990 Coupe quattro
        1991 200q20v x 2
        1985 4ksq 20vt project
        2006 Honda Ridgeline
        1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Just a point of clarification: the prices I quoted Anton were $500/pair for less than 4 sets and $350/pair for 4 sets or more. That should be a bit more fair
          Richard
          "All it takes to go fast: cubic inches, cubic money or cubic effort" - Mike G.

Comment

What size is the Porsche 993tt rotor ring?
            Can you run spacers over the custom hats?

Greg W.
            They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

322x32mm, weight 18.6lbs with hat, and yes you can run spacers over the hat
              Richard

Comment

Also a note to Ken - the price quoted was $500 for a hat and bracket set - this is after the $100 Motorgeek discount. Regular is $600 for the set.
                Richard

Comment

322x32mm, weight 18.6lbs with hat, and yes you can run spacers over the hat
                  Thanks Richard,
                  Only us west coast people are up this late.
                  I do have one concern. I am running the 323X30 A8 rotor now with the 996s. I had to file off the pins to fit the 30mm width. With this 993tt ring I am assumming I would have to file off a little more?

Greg W.
                  They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

Also a note to Ken - the price quoted was $500 for a hat and bracket set - this is after the $100 Motorgeek discount. Regular is $600 for the set.
                    Gotcha. I edited my post to avoid confusion.
                    Kenneth
                    1990 Coupe quattro
                    1991 200q20v x 2
                    1985 4ksq 20vt project
                    2006 Honda Ridgeline
                    1998 Honda VFR800FI

Comment

Indeed. .040" more off each pin. Or if you can part with the calipers for a couple days I'll mill them for free plus shipping for hat or rotor buyers.
                      Richard

Comment

And here I was hoping that it was 2 calipers, 2 discs + hats and 2 brackets... I wonder what I've been smoking?

Comment

Yet another note (maybe I should read every word in detail). I can do 4x108 CQ just as easily as 5x112 for S2. So, 4 sets total (between the two) would be needed to get the GB pricing. Doesn't fit 80/90/B4 90/90 20v or anything else. Just CQ, S2, S2 sedan, S2 avant.
                          Richard

Comment

Sorry to go offtopic, but do you sell the 993tt rings separate aswell?
                            If so , then I'm interested in a set of 2 rotor rings 993tt

Thanks
                            RS2 Black - stock 315 HP
                            RS2 RS blau - stock 315 HP
                            Sport Quattro - 1005 HP
                            High Octane website

Comment

I do - $180 USD each plus shipping. They are a bit lighter than Audi rotors of course, but still quite heavy to ship. I am betting it would be much cheaper to find them on your side of the pond.
                              Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X