The 1st how to :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one Jas

I have been looking on the bay for one of these for ages, but can only find these (copies?), rather than the genuine article with the red display. I would prefer the compass model but they are probably more expensive and rarer still.

So, the question is, who breaks S4's?

Cheers n

Si
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

I got mine off ebay, watched it advance through the listing then sniped the sucker in the last 7 seconds :mischeif: Paid £51 for it, brand new in the box.

This will make Bry laugh.

Seller was from Clowne
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

I have just done this myself, I got a mirror off eBay from a 99 A3 for about £20. I found that there is a single black connector under the dash which comes from the reverse light switch, it has a blue and red wire going to it, I have put a picture of it below. It saves running a wire all the way to under the rear seat, although I'm not sure if it will be the same on the coupe.

I couldn't see any point in connecting up the reading lights like on the Audis fitted with these mirrors from new as they have the reading lights right next to the mirror whereas my car has them in the grab handles so hopefully far enough away not to dim the mirror too much if they are switched on.

92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
        98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
        63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
        69 Austin Mini Cooper
        71 MGB GT
        75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
        04 Kawasaki GPX250
        96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Working...
        X