Factory Digital Boost Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Digital Boost Gauge

Has anyone thought of fitting the on board computer from an Audi 100 / 200 quattro turbo (1988 - 1991)? Seems an ideal solution to have a factory boost gauge in an S2, as the top left hand display (normally the instantaneuos MPG on the S2) is replaced with a digital boost gauge and is very accurate.

I have this in my 1991 Avant quattro turbo, I fitted an SPA digital boost gauge last week just to see if the figures tallied, they do. I've also tried an analogue gauge by autometer, the readings also correspond with the original Audi one. Seems an ideal solution, boost is more useful than inst. MPG, and there are quite a few 200 turbo's from 1988 in scrappies...
    Never show a fool a half built house.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
    The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Originally posted by ~Delta
    Has anyone thought of fitting the on board computer from an Audi 100 / 200 quattro turbo (1988 - 1991)? Seems an ideal solution to have a factory boost gauge in an S2, as the top left hand display (normally the instantaneuos MPG on the S2) is replaced with a digital boost gauge and is very accurate.

I have this in my 1991 Avant quattro turbo, I fitted an SPA digital boost gauge last week just to see if the figures tallied, they do. I've also tried an analogue gauge by autometer, the readings also correspond with the original Audi one. Seems an ideal solution, boost is more useful than inst. MPG, and there are quite a few 200 turbo's from 1988 in scrappies...
    I wanted to do this, but according to the cluster section on S2Central, the computers in the URS4/URS6 are completly different, so I assumed that this was also the case for the earlier avant turbos. However, I would very much like to be proved wrong

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to fit that Avant computer to your S2 and save the world.........this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds

Cheers n

Si
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Hmmm, another idea shot down in flames . I know the later 100 / A6 (4A0) cluster are different to the type 44 cars, not sure how the type 44 computer differs to the S2. Need to do some more research or hide my head in shame
      Never show a fool a half built house.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Life is like a **** sandwich
      The more bread you have, the less **** you eat

Comment

i also had a 1990 100t the computers are different to the s2 as are the clocks
        94 s2 avant
        aoc member 1116

Comment

Working...
        X