X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2avant
    replied
    From the pictures it certainly looks to be rear pull so wouldn't work with right hand pull setup.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• s2avant
    replied
    and...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• s2avant
    replied
    Right, had a look at the self study program for Phaeton chassis systems and came up with this
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• WabTheKing
    replied
    ahh see, furry muff mate

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Originally posted by WabTheKing
    is 335 not a bit big for the rear? think this might have a knock on effect unless your are going to alter your brake bias,

last thing you want is the back locking up before the front
    Yeah, pointtaken but I'm just interested in the caliper... Cos if the bolt spacing and handbrake cable is correct it will work with the 8E0 (300x22) disc and its carrier that bolt so beautifully onto the S2.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    365 Phaeton upfront 335 Phaeton on the rear, sounds good to me!

Leave a comment:

• WabTheKing
    replied
    is 335 not a bit big for the rear? think this might have a knock on effect unless your are going to alter your brake bias,

last thing you want is the back locking up before the front

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Another option looks possible - using VW Phaeton rear caliper. The largest rear disc option (335x22) on the Phaeton calls up what 'looks' like a TRW caliper. Part number is 3D0 615 423A & 424A. Apparently these are black in colour.

Anybody seen under a Phaeton recently ?

This only applies to the largest rear brake option. The two smaller sizes of disc (280x22 and 310x22) look like they are using Girling calipers, but I can't be certain.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    Sorry guys my bad typed wrong number
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ski
    replied
    my rear brakes have melted for the 3rd time since ive owned it, Im looking at a possible rear upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• twoqu
    replied
    Paul!
    ******! The 423/424E are the S8 Lucas alloy ones so not compatable with the TRW carriers. The top hat on those 310mm are 43mm so too deep.
    Right, what we need to do is discover what other vehicles use this type of caliper. It would be ideal if VAG had a candidate. Still think its worth looking at the bigger VWs if they have 22mm rear discs. So perhaps its worth one more look!
    Other than that we shall have to stick our heads under likely candidates. Will have to be larger vehicles, VOLVO perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Jamo
    replied
    Originally posted by twoqu
    Ant,

Jamo posted 4D0 615 323E
    Ooops think i did a typo!!! i will post a pick when i get home

Leave a comment:

• S2 Ant
    replied
    Paul, too many options, decisions decisions!!

Leave a comment:

• S2central.net
    replied
    Right then... Looking at the family album now with a happy face !

The MY03 onwards rear calipers on the A8Q are deffo the electromechanical handbrake jobs so they are out of the question.

BUT - On the MY02 A8Q there is an option for 310x22mm rear brakes on the armoured limo. And guess what - they call up Girling calipers - and the imagery depicts a side access handbrake.

Caliper numbers are 4D0 615 423E & 424E

Now of course the tricky bit is to wonder they have the right bolt pattern to work with the 8E0 carrier which is sized for the chunky TRW caliper.

So then you get to wondering if you need the A8Q carrier = 4D0 615 425D

Which is fine until you remember that is sized for 310mm diameter and so might not work with the 8E0 300mm disc...

So then you wonder how close the dimensions of the A8s 310mm disc (4E0 615 601K)will be to the S2/8E0 application...

And then you realise that life is just too short

Paul

Leave a comment:

• twoqu
    replied
    Agreed! Till tomorrow!
    But the 423E is the older S8 style Lucas caliper.
    Pretty sure the RS4 has botom pull

Leave a comment:

Working...
X