Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New S2 owner! Where are correct S2 jack points please! Axle stand placement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New S2 owner! Where are correct S2 jack points please! Axle stand placement?

Hi

I'm pretty new posting to this forum though I've been lurking reading up for ages

ok. I just bought a 3b S2 a couple of weeks ago for a good price but needing some bits and bobs doing to make her perfect

First thing...is an oil change cos the last owner neglected her for 2 years and 20k of ownership (but before that was a company MD's car and has full VAG service history to 130k (now 150k)

ok. where is the best place to jack and also place axle stands please?
    I searched for posts on it and found one but it didn't totally clear things up for me!!

The bungs on the sill... is it safe to jack near them on the sill?? my sill seemed to flex a bit so I stopped and moved the jack to the the blade like runner at the end of each sill.....it seemed ok to jack at this point but??
    Ive seen a mate use axle stands here but wanted to check what it is actually for and what (picture a bonus!!) is the best/right place for jack and axle stand placement, I still have the underside cover on by the way

Thanks for any / all help

you can use the original jacking points that the factory jack uses. as for axle stands there isnt that many places to put them really. you can put them onto the subfram and support the car on the two beams where the wishbones connect to.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cheers Greg
      Unfortunately the car is missing the factory jack so I can't see where it should fit!!! is it in the grooved slot on that runner piece at either end??

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by s2dude
        Cheers Greg
        Unfortunately the car is missing the factory jack so I can't see where it should fit!!! is it in the grooved slot on that runner piece at either end??

TIA
        No. the original jacking points for the factory supplied jack is on the seam that runs underneath the cill. The jack has a grooved cup that that seam slots into.
        Much like alot of other jacks supplied by different manufacturers as standard.

Jas
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

See here for factory jacking points using standard factory jack.
          If using a trolley jack I'd put it where Greg says, but it's a bit low for getting a trolley jack under there to start with.
          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n
            No. the original jacking points for the factory supplied jack is on the seam that runs underneath the cill. The jack has a grooved cup that that seam slots into.
            Much like alot of other jacks supplied by different manufacturers as standard.

Jas

Jas...

Ah ok thanks mate. I think that is what I was on about when I was going on about that "blade like runner" running along the sill!!....

Ah.just found my manual!!!!
            it says 12cm form front arch and 6 cm from rear arch in line with some rectangular marks on the sill....
            wll do that cheers

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X