No announcement yet.

Amazing Insurance Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QUOTE[=Fat Audi 80;206744]Well Adrian Flux managed to beat my best quote by £10 today! I am going to renew with them and "only" pay £250....

Just got to get the car back on the road now... Wishbone bushes, Ball Joints, CAT refit, Tyres, MOT and Tax....

Cheers,

Steve.[/QUOTE]

Take it thats on a limited mileage then Steve ? What value for the car and how much excess ? Is it garaged ? Points on your licence ? Job ? Seems very cheap ? Full comp ?
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by Dpicariello View Post
      Don't know about agreed value but they are very much a "phone up and have a chat" company rather than an online quote sort of company.
      http://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/
      This is their website but like I say, I'm only going on word of mouth here. They may turn out to be just like every other insurance company.

WOW!
      Just got a quote from them. WIth all 530bhp declared and £25000 agreed value got quoted just under £270. Only downside is limited to 3000 miles per annum. I have asked if they would do a 6000 mile policy and am waiting to hear, but even if I cancell after 6 months and take out another policy, it will work out almost half of what AF quoted me. HIC, the other so called modified car insurance (who I always rated) won't even quote now as the car is too highly modified! Anyway thanks for the information. Will let you know any developments.
      Cheers
      Chris
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Awesome!
        I've finally managed to help someone else out on this forum!

@Steve
        That's a fantastic quote too! Think I may give them a call.

What insurers do 'agreed value'? I've called a few now and they just keep saying they will pay the 'market value'.

Dan

Comment

Hi Chaps,

Here are the basics of my quote:

33 yo, Married
          7 years NCB
          Fully Comp with windscreen cover, 3rd party on other cars and courtesy car
          Unlimited mileage
          Engineering Manager
          Garaged in a reasonable postcode area
          Voluntary excess of £250 making a £350 total excess
          Mods declared
          NO AGREED value

Cheers,

Steve
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by jogi730 View Post
            WOW!
            Just got a quote from them. WIth all 530bhp declared and £25000 agreed value got quoted just under £270. Only downside is limited to 3000 miles per annum. I have asked if they would do a 6000 mile policy and am waiting to hear, but even if I cancell after 6 months and take out another policy, it will work out almost half of what AF quoted me. HIC, the other so called modified car insurance (who I always rated) won't even quote now as the car is too highly modified! Anyway thanks for the information. Will let you know any developments.
            Cheers
            Chris
            Thought the quote was too good to be true!
            They made a mistake and quoted me on car without any mods. Now they can't quote me at all so it's back to the drawing board!
            Cheers
            Chris

Other than AF, anyone got any suggestions for agreed value highly modified insurance?
            Guess Doug is running on a traders policy now?
            Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
            20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Only one i know that used in the Audi circle is Chris Knott. HIC is used by VW, phone them and ask for Martin for a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                Only one i know that used in the Audi circle is Chris Knott. HIC is used by VW, phone them and ask for Martin for a quote.
                Chris Knott were very very cheap when I insured a very much modded Saab 9000, 5 or 6 years ago, and also with a Nissan 300ZX, go to them last, they will more than likely try and beat any quote you had, much like Flux try to do....
                Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by ericd View Post
                  Hmmmm, all that cleaning/polishing must be stressing out those components, Imagine what else you'd have to replace if you drove it every day
                  Thanks Eric!

Tell me about it. I hardly drive the bloody thing at the moment, although I have averaged just under 10,000 miles a year for the last 3 years!

Don't worry it will be getting some TLC once the spring arrives and it warms up a bit in the garage.It will come out looking better than ever this year! :mischeif:

Cheers,

Steve
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Finally got my car insured with a new(???) company I found browsing the web called MCE.

Quotes I had were
                    £972 from Adrian Flux
                    £950 from HIC
                    £735 from MCE (all paid up now to start 17.02).

This is the best wuote I have found by far with all mods declared and a £25000 Agreed Value on the policy.

Anyone with a modified car may consider calling them - tel 0870 4606430

Hope this might help some?

Cheers
                    Chris
                    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
                    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X